PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0
So, it's not a dual core right?

Just trying to get confirmation on things. All the speculation on the processor being a dual core was just that, speculation, right?

And it still runs as fast as the 1Ghz chips? I was confused about this and cannot find anything concrete.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Agent T is a n00b
Re: So, it's not a dual core right?

As he said, trying to figure this out, from what Ive read, his shift is just a second gen single core msm7630, and the actual dual core is the msm8000-model, and that the upcomkng EVO 3D will be the first dual core phone
Old 04-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is correct. The EVO Shift is a single core 800 MHz second gen snapdragon, not a dual core as some rumors were suggesting early on. That said, the processor performs better than any first gen snapdragon (EVO 4G, Droid X, etc.) even at the stock 800 MHz clock speed. Also, if 800 isn't enough for you, the processor can be overclocked up to 1.8 GHz, although it really isn't necessary, everything runs very smooth at the stock speed. I keep mine at 1 GHz.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I can confirm that the new processor is much better than the 1st Gen Snapdragon as I just switched to the Shift from an Evo. Quadrent scores with the Shift best the EVO by 500 points every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
This is correct. The EVO Shift is a single core 800 MHz second gen snapdragon, not a dual core as some rumors were suggesting early on. That said, the processor performs better than any first gen snapdragon (EVO 4G, Droid X, etc.) even at the stock 800 MHz clock speed. Also, if 800 isn't enough for you, the processor can be overclocked up to 1.8 GHz, although it really isn't necessary, everything runs very smooth at the stock speed. I keep mine at 1 GHz.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I can confirm that the new processor is much better than the 1st Gen Snapdragon as I just switched to the Shift from an Evo. Quadrent scores with the Shift best the EVO every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G