PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

josh90265 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seidio Extended Battery Charging Problem

Hey Guys,

So i just recently bought the Seidio Extended Battery 3500mah for my HTC EVO 4G. I was happy to know that I'd have battery power all day until I noticed something strange happening when it was charging.

The charging light would be on but the battery charge percentage would go up and down. It would be on its way up for a period of time, then I'd come back a little later and the percentage would be down. This is a horrible surprise to know that this wonder battery isn't living up to its name.

The phone is rooted and I've tried putting a new ROM on and it still hasnt fixed the problem.

If anyone has experienced this problem or knows of a good ROM/Kernel combo it would be greatly appreciated to get all of your advice.

Thanks guys.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Seidio Extended Battery Charging Problem

I would say that the first thing to look at is your cord, and if that's working fine I would say you might have gotten a bad battery, I would really suspect that the battery is bad first if you are charging the battery for the first time and it's doing that. Does your stock battery charge fine in the phone? If not then it could be a USB problem.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

Sapphire1 is a n00b
Re: Seidio Extended Battery Charging Problem

I would 1. Check to see if the battery is bad 2. check the charger& cord 3. did you follow the charging instructions that came with the battery? You have to charge it at least overnight then drain it completely before charging it again and do not follow the charge indicator as it is for a regular battery only so you need to leave it on the charger for at least another 3 hrs to achieve a full charge and this process needs to be done the same way for the first 7 days then you can charge as normal but keep in mind that the charge indicator on you phone is for a regular battery only
I have the same battery in two phones and they work great after following these instructions I hope this helps

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G