PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)
Carrier: Sprint

tripflex is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tripflex
EVO does not charge, completely revert back?

Hey guys so my EVO has been my daily driver since the day it came out, haven't had any problems and been loving it since.

Recently i purchased an extended battery to hopefully increase the amount of time i have to leave the phone charging. When i switched to the new battery i didn't notice much difference, even conditioned the battery perfectly as well.

So my next step i installed a SBC kernel to see if that may help, well the only thing i can think is that i got lazy and somehow left my phone on with the SBC kernel and now it has messed up the phone.

PROBLEM:
Phone will not accept charge via USB, OEM or Aftermarket charger. The only way for me to use my phone is to charge a battery with an external charger and then just keep switching them out.

So i believe this may be caused by using the SBC kernel but can't be sure (the phone is a bit old and beat up), but i want to revert everything back to stock so i can take it to the Sprint store and see if they will just swap me with another EVO so i don't have any phone downtime. I know worst case scenario i can order another one through insurance but i don't want to spend the $100 deductible if i don't have to.

What is the best way to revert completely back to stock and hopefully make it so at the Sprint store they can't tell that i used a custom rom and kernel?

I created a NAND backup of my current install and was just going to remove the sd card when i go to the Sprint store so i can at least have a backup.

I found these stock roms:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-htc-e...pped-roms.html

But can't seem to find any stock kernels except this thread on XDA:
Stock Kernel - xda-developers

Anybody know where i can download the stock kernel?

I also found this thread on XDA with document from a Sprint forum saying that they will accept rooted phones?:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Sprint returns

So my question really comes down to, should i just worry about flashing the stock kernel and rom and then just bring it to a Sprint store?

Anybody got any feedback that has done this before or can point me in the right direction? I want to try and stop by the store today to see what we can get done, have a big week of work ahead of me and don't need any phone downtime.

Thanks guys!
Shared Hosting 20% Off Forever (Promo Code:PPCG20)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G