PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ec4585 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Market Place and certain apps not loading

I'm trying to access the Marketplace and everytime I tap to load it, a white screen comes up for a couple of seconds and then disappears again, showing the desktop (or apps menu) and there's no indication of anything having loaded or working. This also does this with a few of my other apps, but not all of them.

I can do this repeatedly without having to reset my HTC; same thing happens each time. There is no error message. I have restarted my phone and am trying to figure out a way to fix this without resetting it completely.

Anyone have any ideas or tips?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff
Re: Market Place and certain apps not loading

you could try going to settings/applications/manage applications/market then you could try uninstalling any updates. I know I've had to this for cm7
Old 07-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

It would also help if you stated if you are rooted or not, and if so what rom you are using, and if you are using a custom rom did you post in that thread to see if others are having the same issue and have a workaround? I would clear the caches of those programs that you are having issues with. And the last thing I would suggest is that if you are rooted to clear your cache and dalvik through recovery.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tp2,HTC Evo
Carrier: Now Network

rockman1 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to rockman1

Same issue I even switch roms to see if that was the problem from calkulin to mikg same, back to calkulin gin b, any advice or treatment for the problem.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G