PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Clear" button not working

I have tried searching for hours with no resolve. Sorry guys I am jumping over from the Windows world. The wife's clear button on notifications, search button in the marketplace basically the top right corner isn't responding to taps. Swiping does seem to work. I'm at my end. Any ideas? Save my marriage fellow geekers

Last edited by steveo70; 03-23-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:38 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: "Clear" button not working

it may be a screen issue. Does that spot respond ever?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:43 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community

Thanks Aman. Not to taps as in above but it does work using Angry Birds. The only thing I have touched was freezing some bloatware with Titanium Plus/Unrevoked. Could this be the issue even though a week has passed?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:03 AM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

are you rooted? it could be a kernel issue. I would say reflash whatever rom you have right on top without wiping. That fixes little quirks that I have
Old 03-23-2011, 03:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yes rooted. (see above post) It is the factory ROM other than froze stocks/footprints/kindle/nascar/qik/rss/sprint tv-football-zone and twitter. Thought all these would be safe to rid. Thinking it could be the screen. I just tested the the marketplace button that didn't work in landscape and it worked. Uggh didn't want to go to the Sprint store.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Master Kimosabi

make sure to unroot before you go
Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Master Kimosabi

Try to reflash first
Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks Aman, glad to see everyone is supportive over on this side.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

here a rooted stock rom if you wanna try that

Here is fully Rooted, Deodexed, and Zipaligned version of 3.70.651.1 which came out last night 12/14.

Odexed Version now available. Check below. Also rooted and zipaligned.

It's a stock rom nothing has been deleted. Added busybox. Will wipe everything. Nandroid First.

***No it will not update your radio/wimax/pri/prl/ur xp computer to windows 7.***

Enjoy

***Deodexed Version*** (required for theming)

MediaFire: Link 1

4Shared: Link 2 (thanx to MarkGbe)

Unspace: Link 3 (thanx to exstatica)

***Odexed Version***

MediaFire: Link 1

4Shared: Link 2

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-29-2011, 02:32 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

UPDATE:
This may be the most expensive, easy, and make you feel STOOPID fix ever except I now have an EVOPOD wifi media player now LOL. Long story short...the wife got tired of me messing with her phone so she just "dealt w/it" regarding the non functioning clear/search button... 'til yesterday....so I surprised her with a new EVO 3D. Now that I finally have an extra Android device laying around, I decided I would start messing around with it. Out goes the screen protector (hate 'em) First order of business was to download Angry Birds back up so I could transfer her game progress to her new phone. Yes, you are correct everything works! F%#@*$G screen protector was the culprit all along. LMAO! D'oh

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G