PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

KcLive is keeping up the good workKcLive is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue with my Evo

I have an Evo that I FULLY flashed to CricKet and everything on it works just fine with one exception. I am unable to update my prl by otasp. I have the ability to *228 or *22804 but for some reason it ALWAYS fails. My issue with this is that I can manually update the prl file, but seeing as how I travel from the Kansas City area to Manhattan, Ks I need my phone to work. It used to be when I get to the Lawrence, Ks area my phone would go into roaming so I would have to *228 before I got there and then my phone would work fine. Now seeing that I can't *228 I am worried that my phone won't work. I guess what I am wondering is if I manually program my prl file will it still work in the cricket extended partner areas, and if not, what can I do to get my phone to otasp? My phone is listed as the M6000 and I am on the Android all in plan so I am not using the autostart files or any of that.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Issue with my Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcLive View Post
I have an Evo that I FULLY flashed to CricKet and everything on it works just fine with one exception. I am unable to update my prl by otasp.

I am fully rooted and update my PRL OTA.

What is it telling you?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I keep getting the standard "we're sorry, we are unable to program your phone" message. My phone is rooted, security is off and everything else works. Could it be an issue or a setting in my epst? I dont know what else to try
Old 12-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Anyone? Surely someone has some ideas or thoughts about this. I am suprised I am the only one that is having this issue.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
I have an Evo that I FULLY flashed to CricKet and everything on it works just fine with one exception. I am unable to update my prl by otasp. I have the ability to *228 or *22804 but for some reason it ALWAYS fails. My issue with this is that I can manually update the prl file, but seeing as how I travel from the Kansas City area to Manhattan, Ks I need my phone to work. It used to be when I get to the Lawrence, Ks area my phone would go into roaming so I would have to *228 before I got there and then my phone would work fine. Now seeing that I can't *228 I am worried that my phone won't work. I guess what I am wondering is if I manually program my prl file will it still work in the cricket extended partner areas, and if not, what can I do to get my phone to otasp? My phone is listed as the M6000 and I am on the Android all in plan so I am not using the autostart files or any of that.

the updated prl is for the sprint network .. you would have to find new flashable one for cricket

look here
http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...hp/336-Cricket

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 12-04-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I am using a cricket prl file. I have tried all of the nationwide and non evdo prl files and no matter what prl I try when I try to ota update my prl file I get the "I'm sorry. We are unable to program your phone." error. There has to be something I am missing due to the fact that EVERYTHING else works just fine.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:09 AM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
I am using a cricket prl file. I have tried all of the nationwide and non evdo prl files and no matter what prl I try when I try to ota update my prl file I get the "I'm sorry. We are unable to program your phone." error. There has to be something I am missing due to the fact that EVERYTHING else works just fine.
SO you want the sprint pri cause the one u would dl threw the phone is the sprint one..
??
Old 12-04-2010, 03:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Not the pri, the PRL. There is a difference. When you flash the phone to cricket you can *228 and get the updated PRL file for cricket pushed to your phone. This is what I want to be able to do. This worked just fine on my phone when I was using the autostart.sh method, but once I updated my plan to the Android All In plan and had it listed with cricket as the M6000 it stopped letting me update my PRL file ota (*22. I am trying to get this function back, but no matter what I do I cant figure it out.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:53 AM
N00b

Quote:
Not the pri, the PRL. There is a difference. When you flash the phone to cricket you can *228 and get the updated PRL file for cricket pushed to your phone. This is what I want to be able to do. This worked just fine on my phone when I was using the autostart.sh method, but once I updated my plan to the Android All In plan and had it listed with cricket as the M6000 it stopped letting me update my PRL file ota (*22. I am trying to get this function back, but no matter what I do I cant figure it out.
i know theres a direcence betwine pri and prl ... sprint just pushed a new PRL thought you were try to get that.. whatever

i dont know know how you lost that function im on sprint network
why not just dl the newest PRL for cricket and flash it or you use cdma workshop

http://cdmagurus.com/forum/forumdisp...-Cricket-PRL-s
http://www.corolada.com/prl/
http://www.accuratefiles.com/download/cricket-prl
http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...al-PRL-Thread-.

Last edited by Karl; 12-04-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I am sorry, I thought you misunderstood what I was wanting. I have the ability to update my PRL file by ##775#, but I am not sure that will work when I leave town. Cricket is odd, they have an extended partner area that does not roam, and with my leaving the KC area to travel to Manhattan, Ks to see family I need to make sure my phone doesn't go into roaming. The Manhattan area is in the extended coverage area, but by the time I get halfway there my phone goes into roaming mode, so I would love the ability to *228 to fix that issue. I don't know if I can update my PRL file by the ##775# method and get the same results or not.

That is why I would like to get the *228 to work.

Once again, I apologize if I came off as an *ss or something like that.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G