PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Phone Missing Calls and acting crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Titanium is failing everytime it tried to restore my data. Do I need to wipe the datat taht is on the device first and then run Titanium?
does it say if your rooted?
and what busybox version doess it show
did you hit problems at the bottom?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
does it say if your rooted?
and what busybox version doess it show
did you hit problems at the bottom?
Sorry for the late reply. Internet is screwed up at work.

I just installed the latest of Titanium and Busybox.

I just ran through another restore. it keeps completing but all of my apps have not returned. Alot of them are Homescreen stuff liek LancherPRo Plus, Beautiful Widgets , etc. I know it cant put them back in the original places, but the apps are not even showing in my app menu.

It did however restore HTC Sense into the them I had it in.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:40 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. Internet is screwed up at work.

I just installed the latest of Titanium and Busybox.

I just ran through another restore. it keeps completing but all of my apps have not returned. Alot of them are Homescreen stuff liek LancherPRo Plus, Beautiful Widgets , etc. I know it cant put them back in the original places, but the apps are not even showing in my app menu.

It did however restore HTC Sense into the them I had it in.
after you restore you need to restart you phone all should be will after that
sometimes widget icons say image not found or something like that just remove them and replace you just
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
after you restore you need to restart you phone all should be will after that
sometimes widget icons say image not found or something like that just remove them and replace you just
Yeah, I've been restarting after the restore and none of the apps are coming back. I figured I need to replace the widgets. But apps like Amazon, LauncherProPlus, Angry Birds, Ebaym Autosrts, Fring, ROM Manager etc...now have lines through them at the bottom of the Backup/Restore Window .
Old 10-19-2010, 12:51 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

So I'm in the Batch Backup/Restore - ALL screen. Which option should I be choosing?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:58 PM
N00b

Quote:
So I'm in the Batch Backup/Restore - ALL screen. Which option should I be choosing?
do restore missing apps + all system data
Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
do restore missing apps + all system data
Yeah that's the one I've been using. When I hold down the power button on my phone, I choose reboot to restart. But I've also powered off and powered on and its still not adding my apps back
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM
N00b

Quote:
Yeah that's the one I've been using. When I hold down the power button on my phone, I choose reboot to restart. But I've also powered off and powered on and its still not adding my apps back
hmm
its says you have root right?
r they not just shwing up on you home screen or at all link when you hit the app button?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:19 PM
N00b

if you have root and they still dont show up at all maybe the rom didnt flash right
◄● ROM LINKS ●►

VirusROM BASE SENSE RC3

VirusROM BASE SENSE RC3 MIRROR

dl this rom put on sd boot into recovery do factory wipe and wipe cache and Dalvik cache then flash zip

then run backup
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:23 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
hmm
its says you have root right?
r they not just shwing up on you home screen or at all link when you hit the app button?

Yeah, Titanium says I have Root. They are not showing up in both places. When I go into my apps menu(drawer) only some of the apps returned but more than half did not

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G