PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
UPDATED12 -31-10: Phone Missing Calls and acting crazy.

Hey Guys:

Seems like since I rooted my phone I've been missing tons of phone calls and text messages.

Well I followed the method this here to install the latest Sprint update and then followed this method at XDA to restore Root to my phone bout a week ago. But as soon as I installed this update, I started missing calls. People will call and say my phone is ringing and then it goes to voicemail. I don't even get a notification that I have a voicemail. So they text me most times or they just wait til I call them back. But I've been having problem with text messages now. They are coming in late, sometimes not til hours later.

My phone got to the point it was unusable on Thursday , So used a Nandroid backup I had a created on my phone before installing the update hope it would restore the previous software update, but when I checked this morning I was still at 3.29.651.5. My text seem ok for now. But my calls are still not coming through. I have know idea what to do now
Its really getting annoying cause I'm missing calls from my kids to let they made it to and from school.

Here what my phone says now:

Software number : 3.29.651.5
Build number: 3.29.651.5 CL252548 release-keys
PRI version: 1.77_003
PRL version 60671

Please let me know what you guys think

UPDATED: 12-31-10
Wasnt sure if I should update the first post or the last. So I will do both.

My phone is missing calls again! I dont know what heck is going with it. I've had several people call me not even just Sprint customers and the calls are not reaching my phone. Most people are leaving me a voicemail or shooting me a text after they get no answer (which for them is crazy cause I always answer phone no matter what time it is).

I noticed the issue yesterday when I thought I had lost my phone in my house (it was actually on my waist in the holster and I didnt feel it.SMH). I called my phone 3 times and each time it rung 6 times and then went to voicemail. On the 4th call it finally rang (thats when I noticed it was on my waist. lol). So decline the call and called it again twice. No ringing. 3rd time it finally rings. I've tried updating the profile and the prl. Neither have solved the problem. I also switched my voicemail last night to Google Voice. But I dont this affected the phone at all because this has been going on for a while and I kept telling people its their phones and not mine. But I now realize it is my phone,

Any ideas to correct this?

Last edited by shaun0207; 12-31-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Phone Missing Calls and acting crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Hey Guys:

Seems like since I rooted my phone I've been missing tons of phone calls and text messages.

Well I followed the method this here to install the latest Sprint update and then followed this method at XDA to restore Root to my phone bout a week ago. But as soon as I installed this update, I started missing calls. People will call and say my phone is ringing and then it goes to voicemail. I don't even get a notification that I have a voicemail. So they text me most times or they just wait til I call them back. But I've been having problem with text messages now. They are coming in late, sometimes not til hours later.

My phone got to the point it was unusable on Thursday , So used a Nandroid backup I had a created on my phone before installing the update hope it would restore the previous software update, but when I checked this morning I was still at 3.29.651.5. My text seem ok for now. But my calls are still not coming through. I have know idea what to do now
Its really getting annoying cause I'm missing calls from my kids to let they made it to and from school.

Here what my phone says now:

Software number : 3.29.651.5
Build number: 3.29.651.5 CL252548 release-keys
PRI version: 1.77_003
PRL version 60671

Please let me know what you guys think
try flashing a rooted rom

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 10-18-2010, 11:58 AM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

I was think that. But wont it delete everything I have on my phone right now? The stock 2.2 has worked pretty good for me up until this point.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is your incoming volume turned down to low. This happened to me the other day put phone in pouch and had it volume down buttom.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
Is your incoming volume turned down to low. This happened to me the other day put phone in pouch and had it volume down buttom.

No the volume has been fine. I'm completely missing calls. I'm not getting missed calls on my phone at all. Its like the calls are even reaching my phone. A couple of the voicemails showed up only when I looked for them. Most times they are hours later.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
I was think that. But wont it delete everything I have on my phone right now? The stock 2.2 has worked pretty good for me up until this point.
use titanium back up to back up everything
Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site
Old 10-18-2010, 12:38 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
use titanium back up to back up everything
Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site

Just finished doing that. Should try installing the update again?
Old 10-18-2010, 01:46 PM
N00b

Quote:
Just finished doing that. Should try installing the update again?
naw just flash rooted rom built from ota 3.29
Old 10-18-2010, 01:51 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
naw just flash rooted rom built from ota 3.29
Where can I find that?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:38 PM
N00b

Quote:
Where can I find that?
DOWNLOAD
[All-In-One Update, INCLUDES Updated Baseband & Wimax Radios + PRI 1.77_003, Uninstallable apps]

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: (For "All-In-One" update)
-Copy the PC36IMG.zip to the root of your SD Card
-Power off your phone
-While holding the VOLUME DOWN button, power on the phone
-Your phone will enter bootloader and automatically scan the file and prompt you to update
-Press VOLUME UP the install the update
-When completed, press VOLUME UP to reboot the phone
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G