PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

traluvgef is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Paired but not connected

Hello. I am new to this forum and am hoping someone can help out. I have the EVO 4G and I am successfully using my bluetooth with my car stereo-- I can use the phone and listen to music through my car. HOWEVER, I have been struggling with connection to my VAIO W7 system. I am paired but not connected. My phone is showing on my VAIO as an object it sees. My VAIO is set to allow devices to connect. Does anyone have any ideas? I have unpaired and repaired a number of times. Thanks!!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Paired but not connected

If I am not mistaken, I believe you will only show connected when you are actually transferring information. It shows the same thing when I am linked with a friend of mines EVO. As soon as we transfer files they connect. I hope this helps!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

traluvgef is a n00b

Thanks but I tried to sync via bluetooth and it is now showing my EVO as an option at all.... in other words when I go to windows media for example, all my other bluetooth drives show in the left panel, but not my phone. I feel like this is something silly like a setting but I can't figure it out ;(

Thanks!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

where it says paired but not connected just click it and it should say connecting. if it doesn't turn off the vaio thingy and turn it back on. sometimes my bluetooth headset is paired but not connected and if clicking jabra extreme doesn't connect it i just switch my headset off and then back on and it connects. good luck!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:39 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I believe sprintgirl to be correct. At least that's how I do it.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro(SPRINT)

jetjock_fl is a n00b

Along the same line of questions: when I get in my car and I have previously paired the stereo and phone for bluetooth music streaming, they don't reconnect automatically. I have to spend time navigating thru several menus to click on the connect link. Windows mobile would automatically connect when the device was in range.

Is there a way to get android to auto connect to a previously paired a2dp (streaming music) device when in range?

Last edited by jetjock_fl; 09-09-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I had this same issue when tryna connect to my friends iPhone.. I just figured it was the shitty iPhone's BT function lol..

Old 09-09-2010, 04:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

After I rooted 2.2 (stock ROM) I was able to pair my S-9 headset but not connect. I did a few reboots and kept ****ing with it. Finally it connected and I have not had any trouble since. Seemed like it had to get something right but once it did, it kept is stored somewhere.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G