PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: Lost EVO phone..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
Wouldn't Sprint blacklisting it stop you from doing that?

Nope. I know many people that took lost/stolen phones and put them on Cricket/Boost. Id assume its either because you have to change the ESN, obviously to a clean 1. Or if you don't change the ESN its because the Sprint ESN won't show up in Metro/Crickets DB
Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Nope. I know many people that took lost/stolen phones and put them on Cricket/Boost. Id assume its either because you have to change the ESN, obviously to a clean 1. Or if you don't change the ESN its because the Sprint ESN won't show up in Metro/Crickets DB
Interesting...

probably wouldnt work on boost though since it uses Sprint.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 08-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

But if Sprint/Cricket/Boost/Asurion found out that a reported lost phone was claimed through insurance and was being used by the person who reported it, they could get you for insurance fraud. Not saying they will but it's a possibility.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

yes, im working on some Sprint MVNO and sure if you found clean MEID you can writed on it then you gonna be able to activate even we use CDMA to write ESNs im not sure if the lastest version let you write MEID even on my job i found that 4G is chepeast than 3G thats why the give unlimited service for modems that run on 4G so is not making sense those $10

Note: we have one proyect running get a HTC Hero and change the ESN (esn is easy because you can write new on) then maket run the only problem that we have will be that we do not offering Roming service so on those momente we know that the phone does not gonna work

Last edited by juancaperez2000; 08-23-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor

is sprint replacing lost/stolen EVOs with the original June stock android 2.1 or do they already come preloaded with 2.2???
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I think the replacement evo comes with 2.2 to prevent people from rooting since the ota 2.2 is unrootable as of now. If you do get 2.1 then you better take advantage of it and the 1 click unrevoked root.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
I think the replacement evo comes with 2.2 to prevent people from rooting since the ota 2.2 is unrootable as of now. If you do get 2.1 then you better take advantage of it and the 1 click unrevoked root.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Im not liking Froyo at all, the constant freezing up, spontaneous rebooting, laggy performance, crappy battery life (half vs. 2.1) Flash takes too long to render internet pages. this reminds me of the issues with the TP and TP2. Im calling sprint tech support tommrw and see how they are dealing with all these issues, and maybe try to claim a broken OS/ ROM & try to get a new Evo w/ 2.1
Old 08-24-2010, 04:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dkd711 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1rxg View Post
Im not liking Froyo at all, the constant freezing up, spontaneous rebooting, laggy performance, crappy battery life (half vs. 2.1) Flash takes too long to render internet pages. this reminds me of the issues with the TP and TP2. Im calling sprint tech support tommrw and see how they are dealing with all these issues, and maybe try to claim a broken OS/ ROM & try to get a new Evo w/ 2.1

You must have done something wrong then. All the Froyo roms I've tried have been smoother than 2.1. Did you forget to wipe?
Old 08-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Froyo runs great on mine. I did have however after the update, lose half my batt power but after testing and swapping batts with my dad's evo, it turned out to be a faulty batt which sprint replaced at the store and all is good again.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G