PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 02:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

rq530 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do i setup remote desktop with my evo

i got the remote desktop client and paid $20 for it. now i have no idea how to use it? does anyone have any ideas on how to set this up to work with my windows 7 ultimate 64bit computer???
Old 08-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
Re: how do i setup remote desktop with my evo

First you need to enable remote desktop for your home pc. To do so, click Start-Right click on Computer, select Properties.

On the left side of that next Window, there is a Remote Settings. Click it.

Select the radio button for Allow connections from computesr running any version of remote desktop (less secure). Click OK.

This will enable it and also allow it in your Windows Firewall (assuming your connection in Network Settings is Home/Work and not Public). If you have another software firewall (an Internet Security Suite) you will need to allow the port 3389. The same goes for your router if you have one, you will need to go into the security settings for it (portforward.com has great tutorials per model) and enable the port #.

I highly advise that you follow Portforward's website in setting up a static local IP, otherwise if your router resets it is possible it may assign you a different local IP, and then you will have to setup port forward again.

If you need additional assistance, let me know what you are having trouble with and I'll be happy to help.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i would like further assistance with this. there is no radio option. just computer name, hardware, advanced, system protection and remote. i just downloaded vnc for my evo and the vnc software for my w7 pc but can't get a connection when I enter address on my phone. What did I miss? before i pay for the app.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Setting up VNC and Remote Desktop aren't exactly the same. I don't mess with VNC b/c I think remote desktop works good enough. I'm unfortunately of no help with setting up VNC just b/c I am not familiar with it. If you are having errors though, its likely a port forwarding issue.

The radio buttons appear after you click Remote Desktop Settings on lefthand column of the Computer Properties window. What you described almost sounds like a WinXP machine, not windows 7. If that's the case, just hit the Remote tab and the radio button should be there.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I use phonemypc. All you need to do is make a password and user name. Install on pc and then on evo.

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 08-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

You paid $20 for an app you have absolutely no clue how to use? I know and use vnc quite frequently, if that's what the issue is, but i don't know about remote desktop. Also, radio button doesn't have anything to do with a radio, it's the style of checkbox that is a circle and you can only choose one of multiple options.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

leedawg is just getting started

Did you buy the xtralogic program? Thats the one I use works very well its as good or better than the windows mobile remote desktop app. Works flawlessly with my win7 x64 machine win 7 x32 machine, win xp machine. There is no software you have to install on any of the windows machines unless you have an xp machine that is not pro remote desktop is a native part of windows you just need to enable it and then allow port 3389 in your router to the windows machine that you would like to remote control. So you just have to forward port 3389 to the ip address of the comptuer behind the firewall that you are trying to control. If you want to control multiple machines behind the same router then you will need to registry edit the remote desktop service listening to port on the other machiens to something different from 3389 such as 3388 for example and 3387 and then you just forward these ports in the router to the appropriate ip addresses for the matching machines. Then in your remote desktop software on the phone you just put in the ip address with a : and then the port number ie. 76.109.57.110:3388 so this would be your wan ip address and you are making a request on port 3388 which you should have told your router to forward to the local ip address of the machine listening on port 3388.

HOpe that helps you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G