PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ironliver316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't move to SD

I'm rooted with stock Froyo with root. None of the apps I have with the option to install to the SD card, will move. I always get a "Failed to move application" error. I even tried to install both SDmove and MoveToSD from the market, and neither one will install. Any ideas?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Can't move to SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironliver316 View Post
I'm rooted with stock Froyo with root. None of the apps I have with the option to install to the SD card, will move. I always get a "Failed to move application" error. I even tried to install both SDmove and MoveToSD from the market, and neither one will install. Any ideas?
try to force stop then move

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 08-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ironliver316 is a n00b

Not even an option. I tried a bunch of apps. None of them running, some I've never even ran yet.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:51 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironliver316 View Post
Not even an option. I tried a bunch of apps. None of them running, some I've never even ran yet.
doesnt mean their not running in the background

Last edited by Karl; 08-20-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ironliver316 is a n00b

I mean the option to force stop isn't even highlighted, so they definately aren't running. Plus, I use a task killer. Also wouldn't explain why I can't install any programs that will move the apps either.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 PM
N00b

you rooted
what rom
Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ironliver316 is a n00b

2.2 Stock with root.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:25 AM
N00b

stock rom or rooted stock rom
Old 08-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ironliver316 is a n00b

HTC OTA Froyo 2.2, *FINAL*, build 3.36.651.6 (Rooted) Odexed from Netarchy
Old 08-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

It depends on weather the creator made it avaiable to "move to SD"....try one of the known 2.2 apps in the market and then try it.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G