PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

R6PRO is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo 2.2 wifi hotspot

hello ppcgeek members,

okay let me start by saying i'm not a pro, i do however know what i'm doing. ... now I've done a little bit of research and i'm looking for a way to get around the stupid rip off sprint hot spot feature... I've already rooted my phone and have the android WiFi tethering app... the problem with is, i do live a 4G area and i travel around town for work and would like to hook both my work and person laptop up to my phone... and the android wireless tethering app does not support more then one device... i found this

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...-support/14760

and i was wondering how do i get around the sprint thing... its supper annoying to me!

please please no one reply stupid messages saying stuff like "why would you want to hook up more then one device"... or "lol good luck finding that out"... please i'm looking for helpful information it will be greatly appreciated
Old 08-09-2010, 05:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331
Re: Evo 2.2 wifi hotspot

I think that WiFi Tether supports more than 1 device - I've had my laptop and my wifes connected to my phone at the same time.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah I have had 3 or so devices connected
Old 08-09-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have also connected more than one device at the same time. Laptop and Ipod touch.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Had a laptop and iphone connected to it 2 days ago.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

i use the sprint hotspot app i have done so far 6 devices connected at the same time 2 360 1 ps3 and rest laptops and so far no lag well downtown on 4g

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

Does the wifi hotspot work on 4g without paying the $30. That is why I didn't update after they replaced my phone.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
Does the wifi hotspot work on 4g without paying the $30. That is why I didn't update after they replaced my phone.
Nope just tried it didn't work, got the invalid username password error.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

How about my rooted users, does the wifi tether program work over 4g
Old 08-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
Nope just tried it didn't work, got the invalid username password error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
The Sprint Hotspot app will not work for free... however, if your phone is rooted, there is a wifi tether app that will work for free, which is what this thread is about...

As far as the OP's issue, double check your settings in the Wifi tether app and make sure you have it set to allow more than one device (also, make sure you're using this one: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ ). I personally have not tried it since updating to netarchy's rooted stock froyo, though, so I can't say for sure.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G