PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All Evo Froyo 2.2 "is it rooted yet" talk [solved]

Can the latest evo update to 2.2 be rooted? I have tried unrevoked3 and unrevoked directly on my phone browser and it is not working. I just want the root to run root only programs like wifi tether. Can anyone help me?

Edit

1st method out HERE

Last edited by WarChild; 08-26-2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Sprint 2.2 Evo Update and root

Moved to General Evo Discussion. Upgrade forums are only to release a ROM/Radio or Kitchen.

As far as your question I don't think the official 2.2 update can be rooted as of right now, if I am wrong I am sure someone will chime in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nope, not yet atleast.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:18 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: All Evo Froyo 2.2 "is it rooted yet" talk

Re-labeled and stickied so all will know.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

pbrussell is a n00b

Yea man.... We should sticky the fact that if "you have just bought an evo DO NOT DOWNLOAD the update you can always download later, if you'd like but as of now once the ota update is installed your stuck unroll further notice"..... I bought it and the girl said to update the os....so I did.and now I'm in the same boat some of you are.......for now any way. But I'm going too continue on my path of trying to downgrade with the original 2.1(i assume) that the phone comes with. Like if I get the installer for the 2.1 that older phones would have too download however long ago it was when that came out.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrussell View Post
Yea man.... We should sticky the fact that if "you have just bought an evo DO NOT DOWNLOAD the update you can always download later, if you'd like but as of now once the ota update is installed your stuck unroll further notice"..... I bought it and the girl said to update the os....so I did.and now I'm in the same boat some of you are.......for now any way. But I'm going too continue on my path of trying to downgrade with the original 2.1(i assume) that the phone comes with. Like if I get the installer for the 2.1 that older phones would have too download however long ago it was when that came out.
Well, since this is a stickied thread and you just said it, I think it has been covered
Old 08-09-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Finally got on track with updates, now awaiting a 2.2 root solution.

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 08-09-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

pbrussell is a n00b

......well then, consider the mission halfway accomplished
Old 08-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Not sure if this is the same, but i've been running it for last few days. No wireless tether unless you flash, set cam to 8mp, vid to 720, then install netarchy kernel. (which i haven't done, downloaded free trial of pdanet again as i wait for better fix) do a nand backup, ti backup is blank from eclair to froyo flash. Wipe data and go thru market again. Make sure you find the move to sd app and click on your downloads as they download. Some will auto update, some you have to check the auto update box. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=743352
Old 08-11-2010, 09:00 PM
DevilbearNY

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Afraid to do this Update since have so many Rooted Apps. I think will wait till the Masters from XDA or from here root it :0Þ~

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G