PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi
Any luck with the PRI updates

My fiancee has a never rooted EVO an her phone's PRI is up to date at 1.40 but it seems that everyone who has rooted before is stuck at 1.34/1.39 like myself ... Is there a reason for this .. Ive read the 1.34 3g speeds are slower than people at 1.40 .. Even ive seen a difference in speeds when comparing my EVO with hers... Any luck on a fix for this yet?

Move the thread if needed... i was just bringing it back up again to see if any new findings have been done...
Old 08-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Any luck with the PRI updates

Short answer is at this time nobody has figured out how to update it without losing root.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

I honestly wonder about the PRI and does it really have an effect on our data speeds. Some say yes some so no, I have noticed that depending on what HBOOT you have depends on what PRI you also have. My boy had the .79 HBOOT rooted he had 1.40 I have .76HBOOT and I have 1.34 my 4g and 3g are both blazing fast. I am also just running the stock 2.1 and not stock 2.2 not extra bells and whistles.

I think your location and a lil bit of paranoia is what has some of us thinking our speeds are actually affected... Sorry IMO.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
I honestly wonder about the PRI and does it really have an effect on our data speeds. Some say yes some so no, I have noticed that depending on what HBOOT you have depends on what PRI you also have. My boy had the .79 HBOOT rooted he had 1.40 I have .76HBOOT and I have 1.34 my 4g and 3g are both blazing fast. I am also just running the stock 2.1 and not stock 2.2 not extra bells and whistles.

I think your location and a lil bit of paranoia is what has some of us thinking our speeds are actually affected... Sorry IMO.....
Appreciate that ... Yea its most likely me just being picky and a little bit crazy over every little detail about the phone... But if there is a fix ill do it if not i will try to get some sleep tonight lol
Old 08-06-2010, 02:37 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
My fiancee has a never rooted EVO an her phone's PRI is up to date at 1.40 but it seems that everyone who has rooted before is stuck at 1.34/1.39 like myself ... Is there a reason for this .. Ive read the 1.34 3g speeds are slower than people at 1.40 .. Even ive seen a difference in speeds when comparing my EVO with hers... Any luck on a fix for this yet?

Move the thread if needed... i was just bringing it back up again to see if any new findings have been done...
I think I read that flashing back to stock .47 and updating then rooting will work.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

davejet is just getting started

This may work to keep pri 1.4
If you try it post your results
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130864
Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

In the Atlanta area, I had really good speeds with 1.4, and really good with 1.34. No noticable difference at all. Good 3G/4G speeds in our nation's capitol as well.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
I think I read that flashing back to stock .47 and updating then rooting will work.
It will not sorry.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:43 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I think I heard someone heard I think......Yea thats good advice. What are you even saying update your phone then root? that's what it sounds like to me.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Quote:
Doesn't work I tried it still stuck at PRI 1.34

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G