PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

john80hotkey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Htc froyo updates!

Not EVO specific I know but good news to EVO owners non-the-less..Don't have a link since im posting this from my phone but if you head over to engadget.com as u scroll down one of the lastest in breaking news is htc's director tweet that they may possibily been pushing the froyo 2.2 update to its devices beginning with the desire as early as TOMORROW!...head over for the actual post in read for yourself.....what do you guys think?...will this actually be the beginning
Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: Htc froyo updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john80hotkey View Post
Not EVO specific I know but good news to EVO owners non-the-less..Don't have a link since im posting this from my phone but if you head over to engadget.com as u scroll down one of the lastest in breaking news is htc's director tweet that they may possibily been pushing the froyo 2.2 update to its devices beginning with the desire as early as TOMORROW!...head over for the actual post in read for yourself.....what do you guys think?...will this actually be the beginning
I'm thinking sprint is going to hold off releasing anything until free tethering can be patched up
Old 07-28-2010, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

knarfl1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by john80hotkey View Post
Yet another rumor.

Besides, Sprint makes the ultimate decision to release official 2.2, not HTC. Sprint is signing up enough new accounts to not have to release 2.2 for the Evo for a while. My guess is we'll never see it since GB will be taking over the rumor mills as we get closer to Christmas, the holiday of which HTC said 2.2 will be ready prior to.

Has Sprint released OS upgrades for any OS platform in timely manner ever? Even when they were bleeding customers?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I bet we see it by the end of August. Here's hoping at least.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

To be on topic it would be nice.

Droidrox39
Old 07-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Im not holding my breath lol. 6.5 for windows took way to long. 2.2 will be out shined by 3.0. I wonder if 3.0 will have wireless teather?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Im not holding my breath lol. 6.5 for windows took way to long. 2.2 will be out shined by 3.0.
I have to agree wit you, I too believe bout time we get 2.2 we'll still be behind a version or 3, sprint is jus horrible with updates. other prime examples being the Hero and Especially the Moment...Im personally jus waiting for one of the devs to make a more stable 2.2, im not waiting on sprint.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Ditto. I'm just gonna wait for calkulin to work out some issues on his froyo port from the incredible.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Let the games begin

Sent from my Evo Android World
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Yeah I have no faith in Sprint after how we were tortured wit the Hero waiting for 2.1. Just waiting for Fresh with 2.2. VZW Droids get there updates soon so hopefully the Incredible update can be converted for the Evo like the Eris was for the Hero

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
don't see any tags