PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Abuckateer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Abuckateer
Cool New EVO Screen Issue!

Ok so this had happen to me before like a week ago but I was unable to reproduce the issue so I had left it alone but while lying on my bed this morning I was on ppcgeeks.com as I was scrolling the forums, the right side edge of the screen was causing the page to zoom in and out by just moving my index finger up and down the right edge of the screen, I am running a stock rom and also have not updated to the new OTA sprint update yet (well I have not received it yet to be accurate).

So has anyone else seen this issue, it's not a problem just a minor issue.
Nokia 5110(at&t)> Ericsson T28(at&t)> Panasonic GU87(at&t)>LG VX 4500(Verizon)> Motorola i730(Nextel)> T-Mobile Sidekick> Sanyo katana (sprint)> Palm Treo 650 (sprint)> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)> HTC Hero (sprint)> HTC EVO 4G
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Re: New EVO Screen Issue!

Did you try doing the update manualy? I mean if you go to settings/system update you can manualy try to update. Sorry not sure about how your phone was zooming it was probably picking up some sort of static tricking it into thinking it had two fingers or mabye you rested your palm on the phone and didnt know it lol.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work
Re: New EVO Screen Issue!

I think twilk is right: if any part of your other hand or anybody part is even touching the screen it will see the second part (your finger on the right side of the screen) moving and assumne that you are pinching to zoom in and zoom out.

More importantly, why are you on PPCGeeks while you're lying in bed? I've been there and done that, but at the end of the day things are more fun with a partner. And then you won't use your phone in bed. Probably. Maybe the camera.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Cool Re: New EVO Screen Issue!

ive noticed the screen is touchy...very sensitive to finger touches...even the slightest touch will set it off...but thats a good thing. My TP2 has a horrible screen when it comes to reposivenesss...but what you posted is not a issue.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abuckateer is a n00b

@twilk
yeah I have tried multiple times still nothing,

I'm not new to phone and the technology behind them plus I don't mind searching for solutions when I have a problem I just wanted to see if I was the only one with this issue.

@BigDinCA I had just woke up it was like 10am I'm on vacation, I was looking to see if I was the only one who had not received to OTA update. no other body part was making contact with the screen I clearly made sure of that b4 deciding to post.

@ChrisH09
I assure you it is an issue a minor one but still an issue. you can try it yourself
just slide the inner part (right side) your index finger along the edge of the screen while in the web browser or even the gallery app. I am even going to post a video on youtube about I will update with link when its up.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Abuckateer is a n00b

Well looks like the update has patched up the screen issue I was referring to. So this thread us closed.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo screen, screen, screen issues