PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

getyourmindright is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Power Button Failure

Since yesterday evening my power button doesnt turn the screen on, I have to remove and re-install the battery to get it to work again, my phone is stock. I like my EVO I dont want to take it back and end up getting a EVO thats brand new but comes with a seperating screen or and 003 epson version that looks washed out. Anyone else have this power button problem?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

supanatuwral is a n00b
Re: Power Button Failure

That's weird I thought I was the only one with this problem. Funny thing is I didn't know about until a few days ago because why would I ever turn this baby off? I had to take out the battery every time it was turned off. Last night I rooted this beast and walla! All is good in the land of superphones. I did have unrevoked before that, do you? Maybe an app we both had?
Old 06-26-2010, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

getyourmindright is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by supanatuwral View Post
That's weird I thought I was the only one with this problem. Funny thing is I didn't know about until a few days ago because why would I ever turn this baby off? I had to take out the battery every time it was turned off. Last night I rooted this beast and walla! All is good in the land of superphones. I did have unrevoked before that, do you? Maybe an app we both had?
Its possible, the only 2 things I downloaded yesterday was the PRL update to 667 and Fring and only opened QIK didnt even sign into it, but also the only time it has happen is when it is connected to my PC for internet sharing, I would unplug it and when it disconnects from the usb it would automatically turn the screen on but it didnt, I'm hoping it was a 3 time glitch but since it doesnt happen everytime I dont know what to think.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourmindright View Post
Since yesterday evening my power button doesnt turn the screen on, I have to remove and re-install the battery to get it to work again, my phone is stock. I like my EVO I dont want to take it back and end up getting a EVO thats brand new but comes with a seperating screen or and 003 epson version that looks washed out. Anyone else have this power button problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by supanatuwral View Post
Odd... if it was the actual power button the phone would not come back on even if you removed the battery. Have any of tried a factory reset?

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Just a note about fring... I downloaded it and let it sit without registering and i noticed that it keeps the phone's up and awake times the same even after a rese. You have to go in and sign in then turn of auto sign in no boot (then sign out). Anyway, i wouldn't be surprised if it was fring or another app causing the strange power button behavior.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

It could be a program conflicting with Fring or the PRL update. Try a hard reset before taking it back to Sprint...It the problem is still there right after the Hard Reset then you know it's a hardware issue..but if it goes away once the Hard Reset is done...then it's a app confliction or the PRL...

FYI a lot of Evo users have been complaining about this latest PRL update...I would recommend you stay away from it for now...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
power button