PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo acting weird

My brother who has not been willing to root hie EVO yet has started having issues with his phone. It has taken him longer and longer to dial (he presses phone and it takes 10-20 seconds to get to the dialer) He has had random reboots, and some other laggy issues.

Anyone else have this type of stuff happen? I told him to hard reset, and that would most likely fix the issue. He doesn't want to have to set all of his stuff back up, so he is looking for other options.

Any Suggestions?

Thank You,\
Shadow
Old 06-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Evo acting weird

You gave him the second best option available. The first, and best option, is to root (fully) and flash a custom ROM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
You gave him the second best option available. The first, and best option, is to root (fully) and flash a custom ROM.
I am pretty sure he isn't going to bother to root... He likes the phone enough without it. He is a former Iphone user, and he might have been the last iphone user that didn't jailbreak
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Mine does have a mind of it's own sometimes. Usually a couple power cycles fixes it. I won't flash a custom rom either.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

yeah look for the thread about random reboots. a hard reset fixes it is the general consensus.

it's probably something he installed that's causing lag. maybe he's abusing the freedom of the phone. My friend who jumped from iphone had that problem but now he's calming down more and using the phone practically. Also, some live wallpapers will use up way too much resources. Also check his apps.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Mine does have a mind of it's own sometimes. Usually a couple power cycles fixes it. I won't flash a custom rom either.
Do you have a Evo, your name says you have the TP2x2....were in the Evo forum...
Old 06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Agree with the hard reset, also check the SD Card, maybe let the phone format it from the settings. There is absolutely NO WAY this is an issue that has to be addressed by rooting or flashing a custom ROM. Something is wrong with stock, to be sure. I understand the old WM mentality, where flashing a ROM was the answer for a lot of problems, but stock Evo's are awesome and don't behave in that manner.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Do you have a Evo, your name says you have the TP2x2....were in the Evo forum...
and you? do you have an evo, you rname says you have the tp2...
Old 06-26-2010, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Is he running ATK or any other task killer?
Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Is he running ATK or any other task killer?
Task cleaner...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G