PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Tutorial] How to check your 003 screen type...

im running good ol XP. the ctrl shift and right click does not pull up the cmd option in the list. what i get when i do this button trick is the same list i get as if i would just right click alone. and im holding down the keys as i do the right click... do you have a more direct way to get to this cmd line? can i just go to start.run ?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

fcarig03 is a n00b

I found an easier method to finding out what screen you have. Just download android terminal emulator, open app type dmesg, hit enter, and look for <7> line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepeesea View Post
what am i missing? my phone will not stay connected with my PC. after about 10 seconds its just disconnects its self. when i try to run that command i get the error

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

and in the text file it says:
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *

i have to disconnect the phone and then reconnect it to get it to recognize. i say "charge only mode" and then about 10 sec later it disconnects its self. same out come on my laptop and desktop...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Over at XDA there's a thread about this and possibly an easy visual way to confirm which screen you may have is by looking at a the picture I attached:

Basically it states that the 002 Navatec screen has a purple hue to it compared to the 003 Epson screen that shows a more true black color.

Hopefully someone here who has both devices can verify that the difference is that outstanding...

Here is the original post on that thread if interested...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...704889&page=41

***The credit for this post goes to Blu3g***
Sorry this is not correct.. My screen is as black as black can be and is a Novatec.

FWIW when a device is ready for manufacture many different vendors are chosen and multiple parts are used. There could have been a price difference, Novatec could have been able to deliver more initial screens ect. Its not that one is better than the other and until HTC gets locked in pricing (probably never) we will always see a mix of displays in all revs.

James
Old 06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

great post CJ! and so true.

kinda on topic but the Race Track gas stations? thats how they do their gas.. they find out which vendor has the cheapest gas that day and they buy from them. so you never get a consistent level of gas from that brand.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepeesea View Post
what am i missing? my phone will not stay connected with my PC. after about 10 seconds its just disconnects its self. when i try to run that command i get the error

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

and in the text file it says:
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *

i have to disconnect the phone and then reconnect it to get it to recognize. i say "charge only mode" and then about 10 sec later it disconnects its self. same out come on my laptop and desktop...
i think the problem is HTC sync is crap. and i had PDAnet running on my machines.
i rebooted and upon start up HTC sync gets a script error. i ignored that and tried again an i was able to get the command to run

i have a 003 device with the Epson screen

'function over fashion'
Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcarig03 View Post
I found an easier method to finding out what screen you have. Just download android terminal emulator, open app type dmesg, hit enter, and look for <7> line.
nice. damn novatec...
Old 06-23-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I used to work in at a Medical Equipment MFG as a Quality Engineering Tech. We used many different manufactures for different parts. Usually 1 mfg will have a lead time of 2 weeks and the other 3 weeks. While we had our preference as to which we went with we always had a backup for the in a pinch situations. Usually less lead time the more $$$ it was gonna cost.
The same went for 1 off parts as well. AS long as they meet the minimum specs required it didnt matter. I honestly wouldnt be suprised if we ended up finding that there is another MFG that is making the screens as well.

This issue is within the source and that has yet to be released from HTC. Once its released the issue or so called issued will be resolved (probably sooner though now). HTC is probably eating $@#& right now as they have been saying its a hardware limitation and that was just proved incorrect and a false statement. Sprint does monitor all forums as a means to be more aware. If HTC was blowing smoke up Sprints %$# they just done got called out on it.

James
Old 06-23-2010, 12:37 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Does changing this even make a noticeable enough difference to do it?
Old 06-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

So am I fu*$@ed if I have the nova? Cause I do. When if a fix comes out will it be able to support all of them?
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-23-2010, 12:45 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
So am I fu*$@ed if I have the nova? Cause I do. When if a fix comes out will it be able to support all of them?
Fix is already out. Just waiting for a fix for the nova screens.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G