PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I set the volume up button to something?

Like how about if I hold down the volume up button for a few seconds the flash light app comes on automaticly. Or if I am in camera mode and I cant see the freaking screen to hit that button I can hit a volume button to take the picture or something? And the reason I wouldnt be able to see the screen is because the phone was turned around to take a picture. And lol yeah I know there is a front facing camera.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can I set the volume up button to something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Like how about if I hold down the volume up button for a few seconds the flash light app comes on automaticly. Or if I am in camera mode and I cant see the freaking screen to hit that button I can hit a volume button to take the picture or something? And the reason I wouldnt be able to see the screen is because the phone was turned around to take a picture. And lol yeah I know there is a front facing camera.
Yeah, but unfortunately the front-facing camera takes pictures that are mirror images. If you weren't aware, try it out
Old 06-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Re: Can I set the volume up button to something?

The front facing camera is junk lol.. but then again its an HTC camera so I wasnt expecting much. Eww I might get flamed for that comment lol. I was aware of the downsides of the front facing camera. My wife likes taking pictures of us together, you know when two dorks hold the camera out in front of them to take a picture of themselves. That is pretty hard to do because finding that button with no sense of feel because its just a screen makes it hard to find the button. A quick fix would be a short timer and the phone has that option but its not a great fix because estimating the amount of time you have left and the amount of lag before the picture snaps can be tricky. plus who wants to hold the phone out in that dorky pose for 5 seconds waiting lol.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G