PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO Exchange/Imap4/Pop Email Syncing Schedule Issue

I will admit I am new to the Android OS after defecting from WM.

When using my WM devices, I was used to having the phone automatically sync my email accounts immediately after powering on the device after having it off for instance, overnight.

I have noticed with my EVO that does not seem to be happening. I know I have new email waiting because I looked via my PC.

If I have my Yahoo account setup to sync every 2 hours off peak, and I fireup my phone during off peak hours, does the EVO not see that the phone has been off for 8 hours overnight and start syncing immediately, or does the syncing schedule start from the moment the phone is powered on?

I should clarify that I have this problem with the Background Data feature turned on.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

Last edited by toddpedersen; 06-20-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Re: EVO Exchange/Imap4/Pop Email Syncing Schedule Issue

Bumping Up. Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post

I will admit I am new to the Android OS after defecting from WM.

When using my WM devices, I was used to having the phone automatically sync my email accounts immediately after powering on the device after having it off for instance, overnight.

I have noticed with my EVO that does not seem to be happening. I know I have new email waiting because I looked via my PC.

If I have my Yahoo account setup to sync every 2 hours off peak, and I fireup my phone during off peak hours, does the EVO not see that the phone has been off for 8 hours overnight and start syncing immediately, or does the syncing schedule start from the moment the phone is powered on?

I should clarify that I have this problem with the Background Data feature turned on.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I've noticed this behavior as well... however, I've accommodated it by configuring the Inbox to Refresh upon load. You can do this by opening each account, tapping Menu > More > Settings, and I believe it's under General settings or Send/Receive settings.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is it necessary to turn the phone off? I almost never turn any phone off, just the sound
Old 07-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I've noticed this behavior as well... however, I've accommodated it by configuring the Inbox to Refresh upon load. You can do this by opening each account, tapping Menu > More > Settings, and I believe it's under General settings or Send/Receive settings.
Goodthings...are you still having this issue and if not how did you fix it..I have seen on many forums (HTC, Sprint, Android etc) folks that can not seem to get Exchange email "As it Arrives" (push)...I am one those people..If I set my exchange frequency to "as it arrives" I only get mail when I physically tap on the mail icon to go to my email (not coo)..I spent an hour on the phone with Sprint (no help)..I am not rooted and have the latest update..Hope you or anyone can help me with this issue..
Old 07-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

i think its just the crappy native mail app that flat out doesnt work. at first i thought it was 'task killer' disabling my emails but now i just think its doesnt work at all.

..sure i can open each email so it 'reloads' but wtf? during peak times.. i want my email checked!

guess i have to go w/ the k-9 email app
Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
i think its just the crappy native mail app that flat out doesnt work. at first i thought it was 'task killer' disabling my emails but now i just think its doesnt work at all.

..sure i can open each email so it 'reloads' but wtf? during peak times.. i want my email checked!

guess i have to go w/ the k-9 email app
No doubt...I can't figure this as it arrives b.s. All was good on my tp2 so I don't think it is my works exchange server...I see many are saying there as it arrives exchange email is fine but not mine..what is k-9 and does it work with exchange
Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Rdennis2007 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Rdennis2007 Send a message via MSN to Rdennis2007 Send a message via Yahoo to Rdennis2007

try to make sure that the task killer is not disabling the mail services and turn the auto-kill off.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdennis2007 View Post
try to make sure that the task killer is not disabling the mail services and turn the auto-kill off.
No task killers installed...thanks for trying to help...
Old 07-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
No doubt...I can't figure this as it arrives b.s. All was good on my tp2 so I don't think it is my works exchange server...I see many are saying there as it arrives exchange email is fine but not mine..what is k-9 and does it work with exchange

k9 is another email app from the market. i have no idea if it works with exchange.. sorry.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G