PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Strange car charging behavior

The first thing I did when I picked up my phone on the 11th was to go to WalMart and pick up a car charger. They didn't have one that specifically said HTC Evo so I grabbed one that fit. I plugged it in the car to make sure it worked before leaving the lot and everything was okay to go. Today, my phone died fairly quickly because I work in a lousy Sprint coverage area. My phone had the battery image pop up telling me to plug my phone in to a charger. I take my car charger, plug my phone in and nothing. It doesn't acknowledge it and the message continues to pop up. I think maybe something is wrong with the phone so when I get home I plug it in right away and it starts charging like normal. I'm going to wait until my phone is fully charged and plug the car adapter into it later and see what happens because I'm going on a long drive tomorrow and don't need my phone taking a dumb on me while I'm on an overnight trip.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

yang88she is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to yang88she Send a message via MSN to yang88she Send a message via Yahoo to yang88she
Re: Strange car charging behavior

your car charger is does not have the correct out put in order to charge your EVO

see

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123941
Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G (June 4), HTC Hero, Touch Pro 2, Nexus One

kenny21 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
The first thing I did when I picked up my phone on the 11th was to go to WalMart and pick up a car charger. They didn't have one that specifically said HTC Evo so I grabbed one that fit. I plugged it in the car to make sure it worked before leaving the lot and everything was okay to go. Today, my phone died fairly quickly because I work in a lousy Sprint coverage area. My phone had the battery image pop up telling me to plug my phone in to a charger. I take my car charger, plug my phone in and nothing. It doesn't acknowledge it and the message continues to pop up. I think maybe something is wrong with the phone so when I get home I plug it in right away and it starts charging like normal. I'm going to wait until my phone is fully charged and plug the car adapter into it later and see what happens because I'm going on a long drive tomorrow and don't need my phone taking a dumb on me while I'm on an overnight trip.
I had the same thing happen and it ended up not being the charger and instead was my lighter deal didn't have a good connection so I pushed the plug in better to make better contact and then it worked. There's also the other possibility.... You bought your charger at Walmart. LOL Ive been there too where sometimes you just get a dud cause their kind of cheap chargers. Oh by the way if the top of the charger twists off then take it off and see if the fuse is blown also. Its rare but it could have been shipped with a bad fuse in it.

Last edited by kenny21; 06-14-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G (June 4), HTC Hero, Touch Pro 2, Nexus One

kenny21 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yang88she View Post
your car charger is does not have the correct out put in order to charge your EVO

see

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123941
That may be true but for the most part it would show some sort of charge at first but if the power wasn't strong enough it would just heat up and either blow a fuse or just quit working.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Word of wisdom - Never buy anything from Walmart that pertains to Car chargers..its generic crap..

Buy the one that is at the Sprint Store that is made for the device...they have them and make sure you get the Sprint branded one, not one that some off brand name...

I have and never will trust a non branded name charger..or battery's...they may seem like a great deal but in the long run they may damage your device, or quit working all together.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Threadstarter

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor

Thanks everyone.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

bartendersimon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bartendersimon Send a message via MSN to bartendersimon Send a message via Yahoo to bartendersimon Send a message via Skype™ to bartendersimon

I was having the same problem, i got one from walmart I beliave i white dual usb car charger and didnt charged my phone so i change it for another brand and it work perfect now.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G