PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76
EVo reception in gereral

Before the TP and TP2, I had the Rumor. That phone could pick up a reception just about anywhere. Even today, a guy at work has a rumor, and in the office we work at, he can get a reception and have a complete conversation anywhere in the building. Where me and my Tp2, its a no go. I have to get in one sweet spot and might be able to look at a few webpages before I lose signal.

So, how is the evo in reception? I seen one post where the OP stated it was good. But how good is it? I've flashed every radio and tried every trick to get better reception on my TP2 with no gain. I'm hoping the evo is better. Is it?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz
Re: EVo reception in gereral

I dont know about 4G service but as for 3G in my area I have nothing special to report I have exactly the same as when I had my TP2
Old 06-14-2010, 04:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The reception on mine seems to be better than the Hero I moved up from.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I work in a location where CDMA signals are hard to come by. Before, when I had my TP I'd get no signal. The EVO allowed me to get one bar then the radio upgrade allowed me to get 2. Overall, the phone might get you a better signal but dont expect miracles: even the EVO cannot bent physics, at least that has been my experience so far.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 06-14-2010, 07:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
I work in a location where CDMA signals are hard to come by. Before, when I had my TP I'd get no signal. The EVO allowed me to get one bar then the radio upgrade allowed me to get 2. Overall, the phone might get you a better signal but dont expect miracles: even the EVO cannot bent physics, at least that has been my experience so far.
There is a radio upgrade available for the EVO?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started

Much better than my TP.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

Mine is about the same as my TP2. Since the trees got their green reception is horrible in my office. Battery suffers from it really bad. Can't wait for someone to make a force roam option. It was really nice with the TP2 to go from 0-1-2 bars to almost full signal. Win some/lose some eh. hehe
Old 06-14-2010, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

indoor reception seems really good to me... i have at least 5 bars all the time, at least when i notice. there are 6 bars total. i remember seeing in online reviews that reception is one of the pros of the phone. If you're thinkinga bout getting the evo, you could always test it out for 30 days and return it if reception sucks in your area...
Old 06-14-2010, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and HTC Arrive

boeman is becoming a great contributor

The EVO seems to do better for me over the TP2 at home... unfortunately, I got the EVO 1 day after my company moved to a new building so I was never able to fully test the TP2 reception throughout the building. My office now is at a window whereas before, I was in the middle of the building. but the EVO gets good reception everywhere.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

much better than my touch pro. With my T pro, I literally had no signal in my house. But with the Evo, im getting a great signal which even works with teathering. I couldnt be happier.
dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G