PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SledWrecker is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will Windows Mobile be avaliable for the EVO

Hey guys,

I just got an EVO yesterday.. one of the many Google I/O conference hand outs. I hate andriod for my own personal reasons which I wont go into nor do I want to discuss. I know the Tmobile version has WM, will we be trying to import WM to our Sprint EVO?
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Will Windows Mobile be avaliable for the EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledWrecker View Post
Hey guys,

I just got an EVO yesterday.. one of the many Google I/O conference hand outs. I hate andriod for my own personal reasons which I wont go into nor do I want to discuss. I know the Tmobile version has WM, will we be trying to import WM to our Sprint EVO?
That sounded good and all, but the truth of the matter is, Windows Mobile is basically over with. (Not Windows Phone). After the release of Windows Mobile 6.5 was released, that was basically it for the Windows Mobile era.

And there shouldn't be any reason to go back to Windows Mobile in the first place. Android is where its at now.

I hope that answers your question.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Will Windows Mobile be avaliable for the EVO

Quote:
Hey guys,

no,

from THIS POST:

Q: Can you run Windows Mobile on Android Phones?
A: With enough resources given, sure. Will it ever happen? No. Why? Windows mobile compiler and builder cost $. As a matter of fact, as of version 5, it was going to cost me $75 per device. That's one of the reasons why handset makers went to Android open platform. Android is free and universal so as long as you use certain chipsets and certain items, you are good to go. Can it ever be ported? Sure. With right amount of time and money anything can be done. But at this point, it's cheaper for you to go buy a windows mobile smartphone.

also the "tmobile version" you are referring to i s the HD2 completley different phone from the evo. its not a tmobile version of the evo.

Last edited by redd214; 06-03-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

btw Windows will always be around this site those who love it Nobody knows what WM has up their sleeves

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

SledWrecker is just getting started

Well that's all I needed to know...

For sale: One brand new HTC EVO! (SOLD!)

Last edited by SledWrecker; 06-07-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jhanson999 is just getting started

Quote:
For sale: One brand new HTC EVO! (Seriously)
Trade you a touch pro 2! (Seriously)
Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Moved out of upgrades. to Evo General.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This has to be a joke/troll topic.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: Will Windows Mobile be avaliable for the EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
This has to be a joke/troll topic.
Amen to that brother.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ShakeyBonez is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to ShakeyBonez

Is it sad that I really thought about this too?

I'mma give Android its time so I can make an informed decision, but I still kinda wanted WinMo on it

Chicago Sports
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G