PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To Win The Battery Battle

I was mainly just joking about it even though I did purchase all that crap. I needed a new car charger so that fit the bill, the cables fit the phone and charger for the car and now I can leave one of the cables at work, and the extra charger so I can have both batteries charged or charging at the same time. I won't really be carrying it all around at the same time just dryyyyyyy humor.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

Enjoyed the humor but on a serious note I agree with having that stuff. And it's not like it cost you and arm and a leg to purchase it. I always make sure I have extra chargers/usb cables wherever I may be in case I need to charge up. Even did it with my Treo 700p.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EVO
Carrier: Sprint for about 6 years

chaos2137 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to chaos2137 Send a message via Skype™ to chaos2137

One thing that i have found about the battery life so far is that it WILL run down pretty fast if you dont watch your running apps usage, i personally use an app killer excluding any programs that i want to keep running in the background plus a power manager app so i can set profiles for different usage, i havent had any problems so far in keeping a battery life i can live with. the best thing i have seen so far is the easy import of contacts from the gmail account, that made set up so much easier at the moment the sync option seems to be having problems updating any added contacts and HTC sync is still horrible on windows 7 (64) —you would think that HTC would have a fix for this by now but the work around (installing windows vista drivers) still works, but i still say get your act together HTC, you have a killer phone, great specs and this would be a deal breaker for some, my advice, get some well polished shoes in someones ass ASAP. Other than the obvious gripes, GREAT PHONE!!! #TeamEVO
Old 06-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Saw this on pocketnow:

http://www.pocketnow.com/tech-news/s...-on-htc-evo-4g

Last edited by horndoctor; 06-08-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 06-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: Sprint's EVO Battery Tips

to turn off roaming: settings>wireless&networks>mobile networkS>roaming>sprint only
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

kiesow567 is a n00b

Holy crap, does this mean a 'force roaming' app or hack is not needed?? That would be dank.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiesow567 View Post
Holy crap, does this mean a 'force roaming' app or hack is not needed?? That would be dank.
No, the only choices are Sprint and Automatic.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: sprint

ericmcintire is becoming a great contributor

Only problem I have is that my phone won't go to sleep... my running time is 100%... my on time and awake time are the same. is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Saw this on pocketnow:

http://www.pocketnow.com/tech-news/s...-on-htc-evo-4g
Those don't do squat. Of the battery consuming features they gave, the only one I use is live wallpapers. My battery life is still crap.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
Those don't do squat. Of the battery consuming features they gave, the only one I use is live wallpapers. My battery life is still crap.
have alot of things synced to update every 30 minutes or something? news, friendstream, email, rss? i dunno pretty much turn off anything cool

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G