PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: Sprint's EVO Battery Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmcintire View Post
Only problem I have is that my phone won't go to sleep... my running time is 100%... my on time and awake time are the same. is anyone else experiencing this?
do you have that advanced task killler installed? something is constantly on thats keeping your phone awake. msg app or calendar app is my guess
Old 06-08-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3deezy!!
Carrier: blah! sprint :/

1uk3 is becoming a great contributor

lmfao at number 6! eff it...get an extra battery of a car charger gotta love sprint lol
Old 06-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Merged "How To Win The Battery Battle" and "What are you're battery tweaks?" into "Sprint's EVO Battery Tips".
Old 06-09-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

@toenail
@mlin

Thanks given. Screebl has been great so far. Will give it a more intensive test tomorrow, but I've already noticed a difference. Nice!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Let me share my experience with the battery situation.

I used the ES Task Manager instead of the ATK. Reason why is ES Task Manager shows MORE apps/services running than ATK. You can also select the ones you want to ignore.

I didn't ignore any services running in the background as the manager reported and I just manually kill them all without auto kills.

Before I was using ATK but my battery situation didn't improve much. ES Task Manager on the other hand did a significant improvement since it kills not only apps but services as well.

Now when I turn it to sleep it REALLY sleeps. Under battery info the awake time is way shorter than the standby time.

All the radios are off except the cell and GPS, my SCI is set to 1 instead of 2, screen brightness is on auto. The phone uses about 10% of it's juice evey 3-4 hours on standby.

On an average day of use with few phone calls, random data usage (internet/twitter/emails/weather update) by the time I go to bed it still has at LEAST half of the charge.

One thing I did notice is that even if you killed all the apps/service, after a while they just all came back, even the unrelated ones such as Sprint TV. I am not sure if they come back automatically even when you don't need them but ES Task Manager was able to kill more than ATK in my case.

Just to share my 2 cents.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

You can use ATK to kill services as well. If you go into the settings menu and change the security level to low, it will show you running services in addition to apps.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G