PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: $print

Count_Chockula is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Increase call quality!

Wow... so after reading all 11 pages No one really knows what is going on with this. I would love to see more ppl posting what it did to their phone vs. asking how to get their MSL.

For those of you who did do this to their phone I estimating a 50-50% of working and increasing their call quality (both in low coverage area and not so low). Can anyone else confirm this or should we ask the mods to lock this thread and consider it dead?

Also, can the OP, or anyone else put down a step by step and what each setting may or may not do for thier phone?

Last edited by Count_Chockula; 06-20-2011 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Adding
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok so doing my own research on this here is the numbers that I come up with. Please keep in mind that I am inside a office building and can't get real good reception. All D/L and U/L numbers are an average of 3 tests and measured in kBs.
Code:
Type           Signal?         Bars        Download           Upload
IS-96A            Y             1-2                    Not Tested   
EVRC              Y            1.5-2          1003                414
EVRC-B           Y            1.5-2          1161                342
Voice 13K        Y            1.5-2          657                  63
SMV                Y              1             648                 160
Voice 13K-       Y            1.5-2          867                 98
IS733
IS-96              Y             0-1            506                 56
Last I would like to point out that this was purly a data speed test only. I did not test any phone calls with this, nor did I test the longevity of the battery.

Last edited by Count_Chockula; 06-20-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: format
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Unhappy Re: Increase call quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Chockula View Post
Wow... so after reading all 11 pages No one really knows what is going on with this. I would love to see more ppl posting what it did to their phone vs. asking how to get their MSL.

For those of you who did do this to their phone I estimating a 50-50% of working and increasing their call quality (both in low coverage area and not so low). Can anyone else confirm this or should we ask the mods to lock this thread and consider it dead?

Also, can the OP, or anyone else put down a step by step and what each setting may or may not do for thier phone?
I can confirm that it didnt do anything for me. Why would I need to lock it? No i wont delet it.

Quote:
Ok so doing my own research on this here is the numbers that I come up with. Please keep in mind that I am inside a office building and can't get real good reception. All D/L and U/L numbers are an average of 3 tests and measured in kBs.
Code:
Type           Signal?         Bars        Download           Upload
IS-96A            Y             1-2                    Not Tested   
EVRC              Y            1.5-2          1003                414
EVRC-B           Y            1.5-2          1161                342
Voice 13K        Y            1.5-2          657                  63
SMV                Y              1             648                 160
Voice 13K-       Y            1.5-2          867                 98
IS733
IS-96              Y             0-1            506                 56
Last I would like to point out that this was purly a data speed test only. I did not test any phone calls with this, nor did I test the longevity of the battery.
Are these the before or after results and for this information to be useful we would need the opposite results as well.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Last edited by WarChild; 06-20-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

italianamericn is a n00b

Quote:

+1 to that

Last edited by italianamericn; 06-20-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Are these the before or after results and for this information to be useful we would need the opposite results as well.
What are you talking about? These numbers ARE the data... from the stock EVRC through erverything including the questioned ERVC-B. What opposite numbers do you think there is?

As you can see... for my location (inside a building) the signal stayed about the same through out the tests (meaning that changing the setting does nothing for signal strength). The data d/l and u/l rate only changed slightly from setting to setting, which means that doing this (at least for me) was not worth the trouble. However, it might differ from person to person and location to location.

This type of post is what would be helpful to people looking... not "how can I get my MSL from Sprint"... those belong in a different thread.

Last edited by Count_Chockula; 06-21-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: cause I can
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
What are you talking about? These numbers ARE the data... from the stock EVRC through erverything including the questioned ERVC-B. What opposite numbers do you think there is?
Well fist off this is a thread about increasing the call quality so posting results about data isnt realy on topic. second we need results of "call quality" (which is what the thread is about) before and after the suggested method of call quality increase.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

italianamericn is a n00b

Has anyone else had anymore luck with this? Any more concrete info. as to whether or not this is actually doing anything positive or negative for them?

The only thing I can confirm is that changing to EVRC-B does work with the airave access point.

Last edited by italianamericn; 07-08-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

OMG - this thing is like a Firday the 13th movie. Everytime you think you have seen the last one, another one surfaces!!!

Leave Britney Alone!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-P100 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianamericn
Has anyone else had anymore luck with this? Any more concrete info. as to whether or not this is actually doing anything positive or negative for them?

The only thing I can confirm is that changing to EVRC-B does work with the airave access point.
Does work? Hmmm....might have to try this again.....u surrrre bout this?

Give some
Old 07-11-2011, 11:02 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I did recently do this on my Evo runnin MikGs Sense 2.1/3.0 rom ver. 2.20. I enabled EVRCB,then switched my home setting to EVRCB. I cant tell much of an in-call voice quality increase,bcuz it was damn good before. However i can tell a big difference in the in-call voice volume. Before,on EVRC,i had the call volume almost all the way up. After switching to EVRCB the in-call volume sounds noticeably louder.So much that i now only hav the volume set about one quarter of the way up. Everythin else seems the same,but ive only been using EVRCB for about a week so far. Ill leave it on,unless i notice.any negative effects,but so far call quality is great,but it seemed.great before too,just not as loud. I dont even know if my city is EVRCB enabled? But it doe make the incall volume louder at much lower settings.For wat thats worth. I havnt had any droppd calls,static,nothin bad yet.Ill pos t if do. I hav a rootd device & i used the msl reader app,or watevr its called,from the android marketplace to get my msl for my evo.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G