PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP: Anyone's EVO defaulting to EVDO (and ignoring Airave) for all data service

The EVO does not determine whether 6 bars of RTT or 2 bars of EVDO is faster, it will just default to the highest technology level available. That is how all EVDO enabled CDMA chipsets work. If EVDO is available it will use it first. Only when you start a call would it search for the strongest RTT signal and connect to your Airave.

The Airave isn't capable of changing how a wireless chipset operates. In my kitchen my EVDO signal drops low enough that it searches for RTT and finds the Airave (on both my old TP's, my old TP2, my girlfriend's TP2, and my new Evo), but everywhere else in the house our data is EVDO and we only hit the Airave when making or receiving a call.

Setup a bandwidth usage monitor on your home network and you'll see that your not connected to the Airave unless you are on a call or when you have absolutely zero EVDO signal... regardless which phone you use.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor
Re: EVO and Airave?

WinMo asked Sprint what time it is. Android sends Google your location and asks what time it is. Since your home IP is geolocated with your ISP to Chicago, Google thinks your phone is in the Central Time Zone and sends you that time to your phone.

Call your ISP and ask them to correct the geolocation of your IP address to fix the problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Merged "HELP: Anyone's EVO defaulting to EVDO (and ignoring Airave) for all data service" into "EVO and Airave?"
Old 06-09-2010, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HELP: Anyone's EVO defaulting to EVDO (and ignoring Airave) for all data service

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
That's not true. This is from the Sprint website:
It's true unless you have absolutely 0 EVDO signal, since you said you get up to 2 bars that is why it is using 3g and not the Airave for 1x data.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g
Threadstarter

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
WinMo asked Sprint what time it is. Android sends Google your location and asks what time it is. Since your home IP is geolocated with your ISP to Chicago, Google thinks your phone is in the Central Time Zone and sends you that time to your phone.

Call your ISP and ask them to correct the geolocation of your IP address to fix the problem.
Gave it a shot Jax, renewed my ip and checked it and it's in my hometown so I unplugged the airave for a few then plugged it back in to reset it too. I'll keep you guys posted if it works!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
Gave it a shot Jax, renewed my ip and checked it and it's in my hometown so I unplugged the airave for a few then plugged it back in to reset it too. I'll keep you guys posted if it works!
Well no dice, still knocking my clock back it has to be something to do with the airave because I checked my i.p. address and it's local but this is quite annoying.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well Sprint called me back today and made some setting changes to my airave and BINGO it works just like it should! If anyone is having problems with their airave give the airave tech people a shout cause they fixxed me right up and I'm a happy camper now!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 800w

jschadel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
Well Sprint called me back today and made some setting changes to my airave and BINGO it works just like it should! If anyone is having problems with their airave give the airave tech people a shout cause they fixxed me right up and I'm a happy camper now!
So is your location correct when on the airave as well now? If so I'll have to try giving them a call.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
I actually have this issue but it only happens on my line ironically. I will be calling Sprint tech support about it. I know it has to do somethign with my line because I bought the evo under a different line it was fine then switched it to my line and got that I was in Canoga Park when I live about 80 miles south of canoga.
Ha ha I thought I was the only one who was having this issue. I live all the way near Ontario California and it's giving me Canoga Park as my city.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I thought I was alone with this issue, I'm in CT and always get NY as my location... I'm gonna give em a call today.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G