PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

KCHruby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Questions before I switch from Windows Mobile to Android

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've currently got the HTC Touch Pro 2 with Sprint and I love it. It's by far my favorite phone.

Here are my questions:

With Windows Mobile, I use an Exchange Server to wirelessly sync my phone to my desktop. How well does the Android OS sync with an Microsoft Exchange Server?

Does Android come with any desktop software (similiar to Outlook)?

Thanks,

KCHruby
Old 06-03-2010, 11:07 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Questions before I switch from Windows Mobile to Android

Might be some answers in the software section. Thats the only way I could point ya since I'm not sure.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCHruby View Post
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've currently got the HTC Touch Pro 2 with Sprint and I love it. It's by far my favorite phone.

Here are my questions:

With Windows Mobile, I use an Exchange Server to wirelessly sync my phone to my desktop. How well does the Android OS sync with an Microsoft Exchange Server?

Does Android come with any desktop software (similiar to Outlook)?

Thanks,

KCHruby
This has been discussed before I'm pretty sure, but basically you have to download and install HTC Sync to your computer, plug in your phone and then that program will ask you if you want to sync it with Exchange or Windows contacts. Select Exchange and it will pull all your exchange contacts into your phone. After you do that I recommend syncing your phone with Gmail so your contacts will be saved there as well.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Make sure any contacts you import are done as "Google" contacts rather than "Phone" contacts, or they won't sync with, or be backed up to, Gmail.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, Touch Pro, EVO 4G

jester95 is just getting started

There is a built in activesync client...as well as paid programs such as touchdown

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G