PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Guide: Get your MSL without sprint or CDMA workshop (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122635)

markus_del_marko 05-26-2010 08:49 PM

Guide: Get your MSL without sprint or CDMA workshop

This comes right from xda, so all credit goes to the original dev/OP. I tested and confirmed it works, this should be pinned here. You also do not need cdma workshop for this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...45&postcount=1

This works on the hero and i assume it will work for you EVO users too. :toothy10:

stroths 05-26-2010 09:27 PM

Re: Guide: Get your MSL without sprint or CDMA workshop

IT will probably work on the Evo as well. There is a similar procedure you can do in Windows Mobile to capture the MSL through logging.

srtpusher 05-27-2010 12:22 PM

or ask your best buy rep for the phone details sheet - it has msl on it...

ls3mach 05-27-2010 05:12 PM

I just have Sprint supply it to me...

Konfuzion 06-06-2010 12:35 AM

I was just about to post this here but I have tested it and it does work.

"Before doing this make sure you have aLogcat. Also its easier to find your MSL if you go into logcat and "clear log" before doing these steps.

**Refer to the attached pictures if you get lost**
  • So step 1 is to go to your dialer and enter ##DATA# or ##3282# which will bring up the EPST menu
  • Once the menu pops up just select "View Mode"
  • At this point you will see a screen with 3 selections.
  • From here either press and hold the Home Key and select aLogcat if you ran it before, go to your tray and run Logcat.
  • After opening Logcat it will update, once it finishes press "Menu" and "Pause" the log.
  • Then scroll until you see a group of entries labeled "I/EpstBroadcastReciever" which should be green
  • Locate the line that has "MSL Code=" at the end of it"

jksmith 06-06-2010 01:41 AM

can someone explain this in noob terms lol

WarChild 06-06-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfuzion (Post 1795617)
I was just about to post this here but I have tested it and it does work.

"Before doing this make sure you have aLogcat. Also its easier to find your MSL if you go into logcat and "clear log" before doing these steps.

**Refer to the attached pictures if you get lost**
  • So step 1 is to go to your dialer and enter ##DATA# or ##3282# which will bring up the EPST menu
  • Once the menu pops up just select "View Mode"
  • At this point you will see a screen with 3 selections.
  • From here either press and hold the Home Key and select aLogcat if you ran it before, go to your tray and run Logcat.
  • After opening Logcat it will update, once it finishes press "Menu" and "Pause" the log.
  • Then scroll until you see a group of entries labeled "I/EpstBroadcastReciever" which should be green
  • Locate the line that has "MSL Code=" at the end of it"

tried this and it didnt work for me.

CW

Konfuzion 06-06-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jksmith (Post 1795737)
can someone explain this in noob terms lol

Go to the market and download aLogcat. Run aLogcat, press menu then clear log. Go to your phone number pad dial ##3282# then select view mode. Click and hold the home button on the bottom of your phone until a menu pops up, click aLogcat. Then click menu and pause. Scroll up the log looking for green text and the line you are looking for is...

I/EpstBroadcastReciever
At the end of that line you will see MSL = xxxxxx

Konfuzion 06-06-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarChild (Post 1795747)
tried this and it didnt work for me.

CW

Maybe you did something wrong, working for me. Maybe it matters, not sure but I am rooted.

Try this..

Go to the market and download aLogcat. Run aLogcat, press menu then clear log. Go to your phone number pad dial ##3282# then select view mode. Click and hold the home button on the bottom of your phone until a menu pops up, click aLogcat. Then click menu and pause. Scroll up the log looking for green text and the line you are looking for is...

I/EpstBroadcastReciever
At the end of that line you will see MSL = xxxxxx

WarChild 06-06-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfuzion (Post 1795758)
Maybe you did something wrong, working for me. Maybe it matters, not sure but I am rooted.

I am not rooted but I am doing it the prescribed way and I dont ever see that line. I already have alogcat and its working fine.

CW