PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

markus_del_marko is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/18.674; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

i saw a review today and even though i love the speed, features and screen size i cannot stand the body design. the power button looks like it will be an issue, the kickstand is useless to me and can probably break easy. im also not a fan of the button placement. the engadget review touched on my complaints as well.

im not bashing or saying i may not buy one but does anybody else agree at all? what would you have changed about the design?

i know the stock battery will be an issue and i would of liked to see a trackball or dpad.

Last edited by markus_del_marko; 05-26-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: evo design

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/18.674; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

i saw a review today and even though i love the speed, features and screen size i cannot stand the body design. the power button looks like it will be an issue, the kickstand is useless to me and can probably break easy. im also not a fan of the button placement. the engadget review touched on my complaints as well.

im not bashing or saying i may not buy one but does anybody else agree at all? what would you have changed about the design?
button design coulda been better I might have gone the AMOLED way too but thats just me.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 AM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

You'll get used to it. You don't change an Evo for you, you change for the Evo.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

The only thing I would change is the way this thread started out. I mean seriously, the phone is the highest spec phone on the market right now and you are gonna complain about a kickstand thats integrated into the back of the phone? The power button? I haven't held an evo yet but it looks like the power button is in the same general area as it is for the tp2 and if thats the case I don't see the big deal.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild
Quote:

button design coulda been better I might have gone the AMOLED way too but thats just me.

CW
agreed about the lcd. oh well i guess we cant have it all. but damn it sure would have been nice.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:07 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
The only thing I would change is the way this thread started out. I mean seriously, the phone is the highest spec phone on the market right now and you are gonna complain about a kickstand thats integrated into the back of the phone? The power button? I haven't held an evo yet but it looks like the power button is in the same general area as it is for the tp2 and if thats the case I don't see the big deal.
The only thing I think I woulda wanted change button wise would to have a camera button. I think that woulda been cool.

CW
Old 05-26-2010, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman
the kickstand will be an issue. if i buy the phone id buy a 3rd party cover without the stand. its not just me, the reviewer also made some comments.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:09 AM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
The only thing I think I woulda wanted change button wise would to have a camera button. I think that woulda been cool.

CW
Well, the days of having all sorts of buttons all over the phone are gone, everything is about touch these days. Thats one thing I liked about my mogul, I could custom map all the buttons to do whatever I wanted.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:

the kickstand will be an issue. if i buy the phone id buy a 3rd party cover without the stand. its not just me, the reviewer also made some comments.
Some reviewers also say that the incredible is a better device than the evo.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB
Carrier: sprint

highwayman1224 is keeping up the good workhighwayman1224 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Um, the stand isn't attached to the back of the cover. If you've watched any of the videos, when they take the back cover off, you'll see its got a slot in it. Just like the cover has a hole in it for the camera lens. The stand is built into the inside of the device.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G