PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which phone for Sprint if they choose to offer the nexus one?
Nexus one 5 5.62%
Evo 4G 84 94.38%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

glittler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo not ballin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
I remember I really missed having the scroll wheel on my Mogul, but I got used to it on the TP, then I switched to the TP2 and missed having the d-pad, but got used to it. Looking back on all those phones, I could definitely live without a d-pad/scrollball, especially since dpads just eat up screen real estate.
Yeah I was in the same boat as you, now I don't even miss them anymore.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i have a nexus one and the track ball is very handy, it is what i will miss the most beside the amoled display.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I used to be like I need a physical keyboard, but ever since the Hero
touchscreen is my new friend LOL
Old 05-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i used the dpad quite a bit on windows mobile and when i got the tp2 it took some adjusting, there are still instances where i kick out the keyboard just for the sake of using the arrows, however;
on android while i had the hero i rarely if ever used the trackball just because android is designed to not really need it, so i don't think its that big of a deal to not have one on the Evo
Old 05-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Can it just be June 4th already?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Easy. Evo for sure.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sounds like everyone's ballin' cause the Evo isn't out yet.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sounds like everyone's ballin' cause the Evo isn't out yet.
haha thats a good one....and yes.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
i used the dpad quite a bit on windows mobile and when i got the tp2 it took some adjusting, there are still instances where i kick out the keyboard just for the sake of using the arrows, however;
on android while i had the hero i rarely if ever used the trackball just because android is designed to not really need it, so i don't think its that big of a deal to not have one on the Evo
Good point. What I would really like are some pop out joy sticks and a left and right bumper for the games lol, get some nazi zombies going, you know what i mean. My issue was when I got the TP2 I had a lot of issues trying to play some games on my TP2 without the d-pad and the d-pad on the keyboard was fasing the wrong way for some games making it complicated.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I know some games require trackball, wonder how Evo would handle that.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G