PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 02:09 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iPhone os vs android on evo

Sense is way prettier than stock, but also you have to wait 700 years for an update when a new version of Android comes out because you can't get it OTA or online if you're running Sense on Android.

I'm a little frustrated at this, since the Evo is coming out with 2.1 in the same month that 2.2 Froyo is released.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Sense is way prettier than stock, but also you have to wait 700 years for an update when a new version of Android comes out because you can't get it OTA or online if you're running Sense on Android.

I'm a little frustrated at this, since the Evo is coming out with 2.1 in the same month that 2.2 Froyo is released.
Sense is not prettier then stock. Not by along shot. Android 2.1 is way prettier, I just gave an example with the menu. Pull up your apps with HTC your get a boring list of icons, without sense its a 3D menu and more graphical. There are other places also like the contact card. Android 2.1 looks better. Sense just brings the added Widgets which are useless too me.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Sense is not prettier then stock. Not by along shot. Android 2.1 is way prettier, I just gave an example with the menu. Pull up your apps with HTC your get a boring list of icons, without sense its a 3D menu and more graphical. There are other places also like the contact card. Android 2.1 looks better. Sense just brings the added Widgets which are useless too me.
I guess I've never used a "production" version of Android 2.1 then. On the AOSP version of 2.1 I'm running on my TP2, the menu is very boring, just like the Sense one. I don't like the white notification bar either.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I guess I've never used a "production" version of Android 2.1 then. On the AOSP version of 2.1 I'm running on my TP2, the menu is very boring, just like the Sense one. I don't like the white notification bar either.
At first I thought the nexus had special ui but the desire (unlike the incredible) the sense can be disabled and when disabled it looks just like the nexus. Please HTC give this phone the option. The reason I need to be roted is because I want froyo, it runs way faster, just look at the ppcgeek front news page. Going to evo will be a downgrade till they get froyo on there.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
At first I thought the nexus had special ui but the desire (unlike the incredible) the sense can be disabled and when disabled it looks just like the nexus. Please HTC give this phone the option. The reason I need to be roted is because I want froyo, it runs way faster, just look at the ppcgeek front news page. Going to evo will be a downgrade till they get froyo on there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCGeeks News Page
You do have to take these results with a grain of salt though. Not every app will benefit from these changes. Most will probably see a 2-3% increase since JIT only helps programs that are not compiled to native code.
But this ^.

I don't even know how they're planning on using the JIT with Java...

Besides, you can't call a device with a screen that size with 720p vid recording and HDMI out a downgrade. :P
Old 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Bay Area Boss

I agree but until its rooted you also can't store apps on the SD card, not to mention until its rooted many apps aren't accessible, for instance the wifi router program. Paying sprint for that service isn't something I want to do.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G