PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which OS are you switching from?
Windows Mobile / Windows Phone 129 86.58%
Blackberry OS 2 1.34%
WebOS 2 1.34%
Palm OS 0 0%
Symbian 0 0%
I'm already on Android! 16 10.74%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 04:41 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which OS are you switching from for the EVO?

I was looking forward to WM7 when I saw the "leaked" screenshots of it over a year ago. I don't have too much against WM, but it did need a change. However, the change they made with WP7 is way too drastic, and they're going to lose almost all of the current WM market. Their target demographic is obviously high school kids now instead of business professionals, hackers, and gadget addicts. They hit a home run with Windows 7, but WP7 is just fail.

It's a shame, but thankfully Android is our savior.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

PWBthe1st is a n00b

Sprint TP2 with stock WM6.5 ROM I've done some reg tweeks and loaded some apps but I cant wait for the EVO.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor

My first WinMo phone was a Samsung i730. I then went to the Vogue, and now a Diamond. I was loyal and I loved Windows Mobile, but I don't want a Kin, and I don't want to go back to big red. So yeah, EVO it is. When it is available.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I was looking forward to WM7 when I saw the "leaked" screenshots of it over a year ago. I don't have too much against WM, but it did need a change. However, the change they made with WP7 is way too drastic, and they're going to lose almost all of the current WM market. Their target demographic is obviously high school kids now instead of business professionals, hackers, and gadget addicts. They hit a home run with Windows 7, but WP7 is just fail.

It's a shame, but thankfully Android is our savior.
This is so true, I really did like alot of what I saw with wp7 but they really f'd up by trying to go the iphone route. This is why android is gonna really blow up since it seems like they are doing things the way they should be done, not perfect but definitely better than the other two.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

taylor7667 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well I am coming from windows mobile and quite frankly I think its time for me to try something different.... Right now my tp2 is more than getting the job done but the funny thing is that the closer it gets to the release of the evo the more my tp2 wants to act like an ass. .
^^^..LOL!!! I too am switching from Windows Mobile on my Treo Pro. Furthermore, I can't see anything on my 2 inch screen so going to a 4.3 screen and Android might blow my head off!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor7667 View Post
^^^..LOL!!! I too am switching from Windows Mobile on my Treo Pro. Furthermore, I can't see anything on my 2 inch screen so going to a 4.3 screen and Android might blow my head off!
We call that the Androidgasm.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

webOS. I love it but the lack of new hardware is getting to me...
Old 05-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
That may change with the recent purchase by HP...
Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Well I am coming from windows mobile and quite frankly I think its time for me to try something different. My first pda was a ppc6700 and I have had many windows phones since and quite frankly it hasnt changed that much at all. Right now my tp2 is more than getting the job done but the funny thing is that the closer it gets to the release of the evo the more my tp2 wants to act like an ass. So when the evo hits there wont be a problem retiring my tp2.
+1.. Seems like I just got my TP2 & already trying to get rid of it, lol.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
Put in the vote!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G