PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone have an idea on the price for the Evo 4G?

Quote:
Originally Posted by losplatanos View Post
eventhough tmobile and verizon have almost the same phone for $199, hd2 and incredible.....for some reason sprint phones always cost more so most likely after all rebates would be $299.................look how verizon drop the tp2 for as litle as $80 sprint website its still $299....................its not going to be cheap..........because it has a couple of things the other dont' HDMI, dual Camera and 8 megepixel, and 4G.................i wish it would have been as afordable as the HD2 but it will cost much more
Possibly because Sprint isn't subsidizing as much of the phones cost through a higher monthly fee?

$299 phone + $70/month data plan for 24 months: $1979

$80 phone + $100/month data plan for 24 months: $2480

I mean, common sense has little factor in this no? You're going to make up the price of that phone in a little over 7 months, for the following 17 months you're technically saving money.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pao View Post
Possibly because Sprint isn't subsidizing as much of the phones cost through a higher monthly fee?

I mean, common sense has little factor in this no? You're going to make up the price of that phone in a little over 7 months, for the following 17 months you're technically saving money.
EDUCATED consumers know the difference. They are few and far between, unfortunately.

Rarely will someone factor in monthly payments into the equation. They look at upfront costs. That's why this nation is in so much debt. $50/mo for this laptop. $100/mo for this tv. Surround sound system, $75/mo, etc. Each of those numbers is small, individually, but you add many of them together, and they can become huge.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

I anticipate $199 or $249.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
I anticipate $199 or $249.
I agree... AFTER the $100 MIR and WITH a new or renewed two year contract.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

if you look at the main post for the evo on the android forums that seems to be the consensus of the informants
Old 04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pao View Post

Your overall point is fine for Verizon, but T-Mobile charges the same as Sprint on some plans, and even less than Sprint on some plans.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Your overall point is fine for Verizon, but T-Mobile charges the same as Sprint on some plans, and even less than Sprint on some plans.
but tmo coverage is bad also...
Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
but tmo coverage is bad also...
So is Sprint's in a lot of places (roaming right now on my Sprint Touch Pro 2).
Old 04-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout

If Sprint does want to aim this phone towards the sociable crowd (which I'm pretty sure Android phones [I]are,[I] then they'll have the price after MIR and the $150 InstantSaving maybe around $199. But it's still really $299. If they're aiming towards the business crowd it'll definitely be more expensive.

Now that I think about it, I think it'll be on the lower end of the scale. We shall see.....
Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I suppose some plans on T-mobile may compete yes, when I tried to price getting my exact plan on t-mo it was $25ish more/month, I'm still reaping my savings.

T-mo wasn't all that bad for the individual, it's when you're putting more then one person on your plan when it gets worse, which is the same for pretty much everyone but Sprint.

My wife and I both need unlimited data packages, for sprint we just apply that to the package once, for the other guys you have to apply that to each line, which doubles the data package price for the two of us. When our kids become old enough for phones it'd really skyrocket.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G