PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Finally
Carrier: Sprint

timdawgdentist is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Change banner without Cdmaworkshop

Didn't see this posted here.. I am still reading but apparently you can change banner with adb push and hex edit.

XDA and people over there should take credit.. I just want some help with this.

Does not affect sprint apps like other method "supposedly"

Hex Edit Method for Changing Sprint banner text on Lockscreens OR Notification Menu - xda-developers

hopefully this will get some talk going
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Change banner without Cdmaworkshop

To me, this seems like a helluva lot of work to change just the lockscreen. I was able to do it in CDMA Workshop in under 30 seconds and it changes it in all the places that I wanted it to. And it also stays changed after flashing a new ROM from recovery.

What are the real benefits to doing it this way? Because my Sprint TV, and other apps work just fine.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Some people don't have access to cdma workshop. Thought info was interesting enough to pass on.

That's it.
TIM
Old 11-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Oh, please don't take me wrong. I am sure that I am not the only person here who appreciates you sharing the information. I just stated that it seemed like a hard way to go about it, but you are right, CDMA Workshop is not cheap (especially if all you want it for is to change your banner). And I was seriously curious about whether there were benefits to doing it this way over the CDMA Workshop method.

Seriously though, thanks for sharing. Sorry if I came across wrong in my previous comment.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

CDMA WS FTMFW..!!! <~~ one helluva acronym =)

Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

roscoenr is a n00b

this method works great it is very easy and there is less chance of missing any thing up it does not interfere with any apps this is how i changed mine
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoenr View Post
this method works great it is very easy and there is less chance of missing any thing up it does not interfere with any apps this is how i changed mine
Very nice looking, thanks for sharing your experience with us! CDMA Workshop definitely gives you more capabilities with changes on your phone (in so many areas) but you are right, one mistake and you could mess stuff up badly. So I am glad to hear that this alternative is proven to work as promised.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

roscoenr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Very nice looking, thanks for sharing your experience with us! CDMA Workshop definitely gives you more capabilities with changes on your phone (in so many areas) but you are right, one mistake and you could mess stuff up badly. So I am glad to hear that this alternative is proven to work as promised.
no problem I'm glade it worked there is no way i can afford the workshop right now
Old 11-18-2010, 04:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Great work man looks awesome. Glad it helped you

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Themes/Mods