PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does It need a screen protector

Gorilla glass is supposed to be very scratch resistant. OTOH I
am a wuss when if comes to screen scratches. On 3rd hand unless you change protectors all the time, all you see is scratches anyway.

What do you do ?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Does It need a screen protector

get a zagg and a case if anything it helps with resale value

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 09-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

im sorry but if you said yourself your a wuss when it comes to screen scratches...you just basically answered your own question! i always put on a screen protector and eventually i just get tired of replaces the protector(zagg) and just leave it off like i did with my og evo. only changed the protector twice and got sick of it.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

lifehacker/gawker had posts recently about how sand scratches screens still, better to put on a protector and forget about it. I put one on my tp2 and it's still good, havent been replaced yet and since it looks good, I'm assumine screen does too I don't remove it to check lol. Plus online you can get protecters for $1 or less, or a little more, not that expensive since you paid more in taxes to own the phone
Old 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach
Even with gorilla glass I still got an invisible shield on mine. The newer hd version is pretty nice

sent from my LTEVO
Old 09-02-2012, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Threadstarter

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks all, I ordered a cheap protector to use until I decide on something better.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

I got a zagg on mine and personally they said that the original photon was supposed to be scratch resistant too but i still see tons of them with scratches on the screen. Im such a girl when it comes to the conditions of my phones they cant have a scratch or ding on them ever. i am always one with a screen protector and case on it.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:58 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I've never used a screen protector on any of my EVO's, but I always keep them in the HTC leather case. I baby my phones, and they always stay in pristine condition.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
I never use screen protectors either but I got lucky and traded my s2 for a MINT LTE EVO and am seriously considering a invisible shield because my 3d does have one or two very light scratches after about a year and a half of "babying" it.

Sent from my EVO on the PPCGeeks App
Old 11-29-2012, 09:34 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Clairvue.com

Reasonable and you can barely tell they are on the phone.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE