PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 06:26 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Multiple Partitions and SD....?

Apparently I don't pay as much attention as I used to and I'm really out of date with Android...

I just now noticed that my phone has Internal Storage, Phone Storage, and External Storage...

I went to find a file using File Explorer and realized it labeled my SD Card "ext_sd" .... And has the Phone Storage, not Internal, labeled as sdcard in /mnt...

Did I miss something here? Makes it a little harder to keep track of my Program Files and such... Also that means most of the apps that were suppose to goto SD are just on Phone Storage...

Sorry if this is an easy answer and I'm just not the V.I.P. I was in the good ole WinMo days....

* I'm not opposed to wiping and starting over if necessary also*

T.I.a.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Noone?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:21 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Multiple Partitions and SD....?

/sdcard/ = Phone Storage

/sdcard/ext_sd or /sdcard2/ = microSD card (Storage Card)

Internal Storage is part of the ROM (/data?) not available to user for storage
Old 07-10-2012, 11:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

I get all that... So everyone's is setup like that then?

Any other devices do that? Og EVO didn't...

I use App2sd Pro and it will only move apps to phone storage or internal storage, it won't actually goto the SD card because of this.. Have this prob too anyone/omj??
Old 07-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

its really not a problem, you have ample storage space on both your phone and if you want, an sd card. im not sure what is hard to understand? resetting the phone wont do anything for you but create the same folders again. anything you install will probably be stored on the phones memory, but you can still switch the data over to an sd card by going into the app settings just like the old evo
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Thanks for the condescending statement.... And No, if you goto: settings-apps-and pick an app you only get Internal Storage and Phone Storage options... No Storage Card option..

Basically its made app2sd option null and void
Old 07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Thanks for the condescending statement.... And No, if you goto: settings-apps-and pick an app you only get Internal Storage and Phone Storage options... No Storage Card option..

Basically its made app2sd option null and void
You're right about the only options you get. I haven't rooted yet but I'm hoping that Titanium Back up give you all 3 options.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
You're right about the only options you get. I haven't rooted yet but I'm hoping that Titanium Back up give you all 3 options.
Thank you! That's all I was wondering.. just wanted to know there wasN'T a way around it...

I don't care if the phone has 32gb of memory, if an app is app2sd capable, I'd like to be able to do it... Lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE