PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Carrier: Sprint

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CLINGO! Windshield mount review

IT SUCKS!

I purchased a Clingo windshield mount off of ebay and if they put as much thought into the product as they did the packaging, maybe they'd have a working mount.

The box? IT'S AWESOME! This is the best packaging I've ever seen. There is a little magnet thing-a-ma-boby that closes the box and to open it you just pull a little bit and you feel the magnet release! High quality construction on the box. Supreme packaging. Excellent logo and why am I talking about the packaging so much? Because the product sucks hairy bean bags. The Evo came in recycled egg carton material and it rocks. This ....

The suction cup that attaches to the windshield? AMAZING! Super strong. Once you lock down, it's not letting go.

The arm that moves 90 degrees? AMAZING! Super strong and has a tensioning screw, once you tighten it, it's not moving.

The pivot ball thingy that swivels so you adjust your phone where you want it? SUCKS! It's loose and does not have any strength, resistance or setting. It's barely enough to hold the evo straight.

The green tacky stuff? Pure crap. It's like they took rubber cement and dyed it green. It'll hold your phone for one to two minutes tops.

I washed the green sticky stuff with soapy water as instructed. Allowed it to dry. Then tried to stick the Evo to it. It does not like rubbery surfaces. So if your using a naked evo or a Seidio innocase, the Clingo will not work for you.

If you're using a different phone with a super smooth surface? It'll work fine (except for the ball swivel thingy being loose).

Bottom line: DO NOT BUY THE CLINGO
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

WhiteSoxxx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: CLINGO! Windshield mount review

pics or it didnt happen
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / Touch Pro 2

aronlib is keeping up the good workaronlib is keeping up the good workaronlib is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxxx View Post
pics or it didnt happen
Can you enlighten me as to how the OP is supposed to take pictures of a connection being loose.

You could also ask with a bit of respect, the OP is trying to helps us out by writing reviews. If you were not looking into buying the product then what difference does it make to you. And if you were, so his review is actually needed than how much more so, should you be requesting it with a little bit of decency.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Threadstarter

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
pics or it didnt happen
In the immortal words of Mr. Sean Connery, "Suck it Trebek." Photos attached because it did happen.

Why would I lie about a product on this forum? I don't have the best reputation on here, but I've been around for 3 years if not more and if you check my post count you'll see that I don't work for one of the manufacturers.

The photo shows me lifting the phone off of the "Clingo" pad with just a slight nudge of my finger. The first 90 seconds, you gotta peeeeeeeel it off like velcro. After that, it just gives up on the rubbery texture of the innocase.

Now, I did mount the phone backwards with the glass facing the green sticky pad and it held it for three hours without it budging and I had to peeeeel it off like velcro.

I do not recommend this product simply because of the ball mount that holds the phone is very poorly designed. No tension, no strength, it seems like the company fired the designer after he made the suction cup and 90 degree arm and then went to an outside source or kid fresh out of high school for the final step.

Again, "Suck it Trebek!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0053.jpg (447.1 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG00024-20101103-1442.jpg (481.5 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG00025-20101103-1442.jpg (433.7 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

cuchanu is just getting started

Quote:
pics or it didnt happen
C'mon guys it's just a figure of speech.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:08 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Let's chill it down several degrees, guys. We're getting a little too personal, and with that comes my obligatory reminder to Read the Rules.

We now return to our review in progress...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

why not just buy the official EVO car mount and be done. thats what I have

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories