PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fortte Leather Evo Pouches/Cases/Holsters

I just ordered the Fortte Vertical Pouch for the Evo 4G.

Fortte makes quality custom leather products. You can specify leather texture/color, signature and even add an embossed logo to your case.

http://www.fortte.com/394/HTC-Evo-4G-leather-case/

I will be reviewing my case once I receive it but you can see this previous PPCGeekers review of his TP2 case here... Please note that they make many different styles of cases so you have many options.

Here is the model I ordered:

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Fortte Cases and not benefiting from this review in any way, shape, or form. I was looking for a good case and I wanted to share this find.

Last edited by reprod; 07-14-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Fortte Leather Evo Pouches/Cases/Holsters

I found something VERY odd about one of their cases (which to me was the only one I'd consider):

Leather PDA Case Glove Fit for HTC EVO 4G

Now, it says on the main page for this case that it comes with a clear plastic screen protector:

Clear plastic cover to protect screen (emphasis mine) (copied from their description of the case on the main page)

. yet when I go to customize the case, it says at any selection i make, for color or whatnot (under the "Shield" tab):

Not available for this model.

So which is it, advertise on their main page that they have a shield and then when you go to customize it, let you in on the secret that it doesn't have a shield?

Weird.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I dont have any experience with their holsters that include the "shield" but I assume that the shield is plastic.

I just ordered the simple vertical holster for my phone. I wanted something simple, durable and moderately stylish for my Evo so I could have it on my waist along with my company Blackberry holster at work...

The Fortte will replace this from my Treo days..

Last edited by reprod; 07-14-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When you get it, do you plan on carrying it on your hip or in your pocket? I'm just curious if this kind of case can be carried in the pocket?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

One of the good things about it is that you can customize it to not have the clip and just be the leather pouch. In my case it will be carried on my waist. I have a Siedio Innocase Active for those days its going in the pocket.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I found something VERY odd about one of their cases (which to me was the only one I'd consider):

Leather PDA Case Glove Fit for HTC EVO 4G

Now, it says on the main page for this case that it comes with a clear plastic screen protector:

Clear plastic cover to protect screen (emphasis mine) (copied from their description of the case on the main page)

. yet when I go to customize the case, it says at any selection i make, for color or whatnot (under the "Shield" tab):

Not available for this model.

So which is it, advertise on their main page that they have a shield and then when you go to customize it, let you in on the secret that it doesn't have a shield?

Weird.
Their description of the leather case is talking about the clear plastic front of the "glove" case. What you saw under the customization is referring to the "Fortte Shield" (logo/trademark) that can been seen on some of the cases. I can see where that might be a little confusing, since we often refer to screen protectors as shields. By the way, did you purchase one of the cases? If so, what do you think?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I purchased the case pictured in the first post... I'm still waiting for it to come in. Once it's in I will let you know.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

brownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrownmc7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I got one of these pouches. Was a little tight at first (already bought it, so minus well make it work) and had to pull on it a little bit, but fits perfectly now. Love it. Ebay-$6.00 "carbon fiber"

Old 07-23-2010, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

BrownMC, do you have a plastic case on your phone now, or is your EVO nekked? Reason I'm asking is I want a case like that but one that will fit with my two piece snap on case.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Raven312

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've had two Fortte cases for two different phones, and while the quality was high, what annoyed me about both was the screen protection. Dust and moisture gets under there after a period of time so you have to pull your phone out and clean under there very well. I had to do this more often than I expected. Things were much simpler with a static screen protector, IMO. No issues with the quality of the cases otherwise, though.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories