PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Loman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO and screen scratched up by Seidio case

I have the Seidio rebranded Best Buy Platinum Case on my EVO since day one and remove it from time to time to clean out all the dust and particles that gets stuck in there. This case fit poorly and it creaks and feels loose, so I put tape on the corners of the EVO to make a tighter fit. After a couple of cleaning sessions, I noticed the case has scratched both sides of the EVO and even scratched the very bottom of the screen where the case slightly overlap the screen. I didn't use a screen protector as I thought these screens don't scratch easily but c'mon, I've seen videos where the screen went against screwdriver and a razor. This case left tiny linear marks on the screen. I'm not worried as I will trade my EVO due to it freezing randomly. Wiping and reinstalling everything doesn't seem to help.

I think I will put on a screen protector and put transparent tape on wherever the case contacts. I will also rma the BB case through Seidio, but Ill see how well they updated it. I would rather not use a case at all but having kids.. or myself, might accidently drop it. I know some will say just use it, its just a phone, but some of us can't help it as we are super ocd.. knowing there's a scratch bugs the hell outa us.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
Re: EVO and screen scratched up by Seidio case

Scroll through the forum you will see that Seidio is replacing the case's with new ones, you can talk to BBY about replacing yours. They upgraded the case like a week ago to make it a tighter fit.

Shell
Old 06-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

I called my local (sorta) bestbuy to see if they would exchange mine and they would so im going that route rather than waiting 2 weeks for sedio to send a replacement.

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

Loman is a n00b

I have already exchanged my EVO for another one that doesn't freeze randomly. Ended up being a 003 Novatec screen. I also told the Bestbuy rep my EVO Platinum case fits loosely and scratched up the EVO. She said to check back next week since those are always sold out. Lastly, I told them the free Bluetooth headset that came with the EVO died, charges but doesn't turn on. She said they "don't carry those anymore, throw it in the trash, its free anyways.." I would at least liked it if they credit me towards a new Bluetooth since my wife was using it. Sorry to get off topic.. but ranting over some of Bestbuy's crappy reps.

Ok, since I need a replacement case and didnt want to wait for Bestbuy to stock them (even then not guaranteed its the improved cases), I filled out Seidio's rma form online on 6/25 and got the approval 6/29. Seems they are sending me the replacement first, then I send back my old case in the same box with a prepaid label. Here's the email I got from them:

Thank you for your request. We have approved your application. An advance replacement with a pre-paid return label will be sent out in 1-2 business days. Please return the defective product back to us after received the replacement.

11152 Westheimer, #158
Houston, TX 77042

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Note: the replacement will be charged to your account, if we do not receive the return product within 14 days from the delivery day).The returned product(s) must be complete with no missing parts (components, user manual, ect.). All Software, Gift Certificates, Clearance Items, Applied Discounts, Custom Duties and Taxes, and Shipping and Handling Fees are NON- REFUNDABLE.

Regards,

Return Department
rma@seidioonline.com
Old 06-30-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

My replacement came today. Fits great. rubberized coating on the inside and the felt extends up and around the camera slot now.

However, they left out the prepaid packing label....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories