PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 02:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
HTC FM radio apk

I'm rooted 1.40 hboot. Flashed Fresh ROM 4.1.0 and now 4.2.0. Radio is removed from rom but the APK for it is included but won't install to my device. Just error msg. Just says install failed.

Anybody have a working APK that they can post here?

Sent from my PG86100 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: HTC FM radio apk

try this one
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcFMRadio.apk (1.37 MB, 891 views) Click for barcode!

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Didn't work. I get the same msg "Application didn't install"

Old 01-27-2012, 02:48 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6400L Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Did you push it to system/app via adb?

Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6400L Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Did you push it to system/app via adb?
Naw. I simply tried regular installation since it was an APK file. And honestly, I don't know adb and command prompt that well.

Not pc or tech illiterate, but it is just confusing as hell to me. Or one space extra or less and you get the msg that command didn't go thru. It's really hard to see if there is a space in some of those command prompts LOL.

Maybe I'll try to find out what the push command is on Google or something and try pushing it.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:36 AM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Droid Explorer
Android Commander
try this tell you learn adb they might work
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Droid Explorer
Android Commander
try this tell you learn adb they might work
Thanks Karl. You have saved my a$$ like 50 times in the past couple weeks. I'm replying from phone app so haven't been able to hit thanks on most of your responses.

Recently lost job, had to move and had to get rid of internet for a while. I also moved in an area that doesn't give the greatest reception so I do t tether much.

Since I'm looking at sites from phone, I'm assuming these are pc apps that allow me to work things as if I was in adb?

I've been downloading for 26 mins and only at 12%. So i will cancel and DL tomorrow

Old 01-27-2012, 04:56 AM
N00b

ok try it with terminal app

1) Place the .apk on the root of your SD card
2) Type "su"
3) cd into the destination of your .apk
4) Use "install "name of .apk" /"destination"/"name of .apk"

like this

su
cd /sdcard
install htc.appname.appname.apk /system/app/htc.appname.appname.apk

heres more radio apk's
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcFMRadio.apk (1.37 MB, 410 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: apk com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk (2.55 MB, 472 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Karl; 01-27-2012 at 05:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mcluvin737 is a n00b

I just tried it and it works great! If you weren't aware though, I read on another thread that you need a three ring jack on your headset for it to work. My earbuds only have two black rings on the jack and they don't work. My bose qc15 headset has three, and it works great! Hope this helps.

Oh, also, if you don't know how to install it, use the "terminal emulator" app and follow the instructions above. I don't know how to do this stuff either. I just typed what it says The path for my apps is different than the example above. I plugged into the laptop and looked for where all of my apk files are and used that path. Probably obvious to most, just trying to help.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

atlantaacman is a n00b

Im sorry but im a noob. Can anyone give me detailed instructions on how to install on my virgin evo v?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D