PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 02:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Low Timer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Forced Roaming

I have a rooted EVO 3D with Clean Rom installed. I'm trying to force roaming, but haven't found a solution. Prior to this phone, I had a Touch Pro 2 I could force roaming. Are there any solutions to force roaming like the mod to the Touch Pro 2 which added Roam Only to the menu?

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:27 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Just needed this over the weekend. Only solution I found was "roam control" in the market. Was $4, but well worth it, as I had next to no Sprint service

Sent from my EVO 3D on ppcgeeks Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Forced Roaming

omj beat me to the punch. roam control is the solution.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 08-08-2011, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: sprint

pkny is keeping up the good workpkny is keeping up the good work

Dont mean to thread jack but yes roam control is the solution and you dont even need root !!

But the big question. When i initiate roam control i occasionally cannot receive phone calls. I can make calls but if i were to call myself from my work phone it would go straight to voice message.
Other times the caller would have to wait 4+ rings before my phone even starts ringing.

My data speeds seems to be capped at 100kps when i am on the verizon network also. Even though it saids 3G it seems more like i am roaming on 2g.

Any fixes to these problems?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I always make a call right after changing it to roaming. It seems to make a difference in recieving calls.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what's the difference between using Roam Control and doing the 00001 prl hack? I guess maybe that Roam Control allows you to roam on Sprint's towers, whereas the prl hack you're using Verizon towers only.........maybe someone can explain this better.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
what's the difference between using Roam Control and doing the 00001 prl hack? I guess maybe that Roam Control allows you to roam on Sprint's towers, whereas the prl hack you're using Verizon towers only.........maybe someone can explain this better.
I hadn't tried that prl, I used it last year on the OG EVO, worked great. I was gonna try it but couldn't find the file.

note about roam control....I was gonna return it cuz I couldn't make or receive calls & no data, then I called Sprint, they re-provisioned my phone & then roaming worked. only downside is my data speeds sucked.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Low Timer is a n00b

I installed the 00001 prl, is there an easy way to tell the network I'm romaing on?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Timer View Post
I installed the 00001 prl, is there an easy way to tell the network I'm romaing on?

Thanks
u can try calling *2 to see if u get a recording.....most likely it's Verizon, as ATT & Tmobile are gsm
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

talon95 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I hadn't tried that prl, I used it last year on the OG EVO, worked great. I was gonna try it but couldn't find the file.

note about roam control....I was gonna return it cuz I couldn't make or receive calls & no data, then I called Sprint, they re-provisioned my phone & then roaming worked. only downside is my data speeds sucked.
Interesting about RC. It doesn't work for me either. The phone is basically unstable when I force roam and never establishes a data connection at all. Although it does roam correctly when it switches on it's own.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D