PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Insufficient space restoring apps after flash

Hello. I have read that a couple people are having the same problem i am. It doesn't seem like there is a solution out there that works yet. Any ideas how to correct it?

After installing a rom and google goes to automatically restore its list of apps. After so many they all start failing to insufficient space. I have wiped. cleared all caches, and experienced it on multiple roms. (so its not a rom specific) issue. Although someones rom that failed install may have caused it..... (wont mention any names..)
Old 07-31-2011, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Insufficient space restoring apps after flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
Hello. I have read that a couple people are having the same problem i am. It doesn't seem like there is a solution out there that works yet. Any ideas how to correct it?

After installing a rom and google goes to automatically restore its list of apps. After so many they all start failing to insufficient space. I have wiped. cleared all caches, and experienced it on multiple roms. (so its not a rom specific) issue. Although someones rom that failed install may have caused it..... (wont mention any names..)
if i rom has a bug let it be known protect the community

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good point.

[ROM]Bl00dyB3AST-3d MOD AlphaRev [NEW LINKS UP] - xda-developers

Not sure if it was the cause of this problem however. It wouldn't flash gave error trying.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:50 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Good point.

[ROM]Bl00dyB3AST-3d MOD AlphaRev [NEW LINKS UP] - xda-developers

Not sure if it was the cause of this problem however. It wouldn't flash gave error trying.
did you try redownloading and check against the md5
Old 07-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

no i have been trying other roms. They all have marketplace errors. The last one i did I tried a reboot and after the reboot some of the apps installed. I got a market place fc. no errors. no re-synch of all my installed apps. hrmm wonder if nandroid restoral would fix it...
Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 PM
N00b

Quote:
no i have been trying other roms. They all have marketplace errors. The last one i did I tried a reboot and after the reboot some of the apps installed. I got a market place fc. no errors. no re-synch of all my installed apps. hrmm wonder if nandroid restoral would fix it...
what recovery you using?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

the twrp one. from the rooting faq. I did notice that the format sd card didn't work. I did that within a rom once flashed. maybe its a problem with that?
Old 07-31-2011, 08:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

go into recovery and clear data.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I think it had something to do with the marketplace. after wiping data/cache/factory reset etc. format sd card and installing multiple roms and rebooting after.... (phew..) There are finally no more errors. only some of my apps installed (the ones prior to the error/out of space ones.) but at least those installed and I can get the rest. so far so good. I noticed omj rom had the older market and only a few of my apps synch'd... Now i'm on a newer marketplace rom and those same apps are there no errors. So I suppose I am good from this point forward.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
the twrp one. from the rooting faq. I did notice that the format sd card didn't work.
I used (sucessfully) Clock, but also saw the format on SD didn't work...IS this something to worry about, or normal?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D