PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the biggest issue for you with the EVO 3D?
Poor call quality - choppy/garbled 23 28.40%
Poor signal strength - lost calls 23 28.40%
BT quality 2 2.47%
Poor battery life 17 20.99%
System reboots 0 0%
Phone overheats 7 8.64%
Phone won't turn on w/out resetting battery 3 3.70%
Picture quality 10 12.35%
Low speaker volume 34 41.98%
GPS problems 6 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 01:09 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is your most significant problem with the EVO 3D?

I like my EVO 3D but realize it isn't perfect however some things may be fixable via an update.

Since some barely talk on their phone and use text while other barely text etc. I'm curious what effects the most people?

I've experienced a few of the items listed but not all. I'll admit even if the picture quality isn't great I use my phone so infrequently it won't really bother me ever but I thought I'd include the most common issues people post about.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: What is your most significant problem with the EVO 3D?

Glass half empty I see, moving on
Old 07-30-2011, 04:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Note II

Wiley_11 is just getting started

I voted......None of the above.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:06 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

I agree...none of the above, mine has beed great...if anything, it would be a reduced signal in my Office...but I GOT A FREE airrave
Old 07-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is a legitimate poll guys. I have been through 3 now and my third works like a charm. I think, IMHO, the 3D was a half baked gimmick phone. Something to tide us over between the OG Evo and the new fall hardware.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Note II

Wiley_11 is just getting started

A legitimate poll would include people with problems, and what kind, and people without problems. IMHO. This poll doesn't reflect the whole picture.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Almost a VIP

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I haven't had any major problems. Only reason I returned my first one was a possible problem with overheating but it ended up not being a problem. Only problem with my current 3d now is a spec of dust under my screen. Luckily its in a corner and I never notice it. The biggest complaint I have is the low speaker volume but hopefully it will be fixed with an update. There's a way to fix it now but it's too in depth. Maybe when it gets rooted someone will create a zip file with the fix.

Sent from my EVO 3D using PPCGEEKS Android App
Old 07-31-2011, 12:22 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley_11 View Post
A legitimate poll would include people with problems, and what kind, and people without problems. IMHO. This poll doesn't reflect the whole picture.
I don't notice some of these issues that I've listed because they are unimportant to me -e.g camera. People who think their quality of call on the phone is good probably aren't bothering to check with their friends about their voice quality. Even those who say they don't have an issue say they got an airave to get around the issue - that to me says they have an issue. Just because you don't notice or care about the issues doesn't mean they don't exist. Fanboys will insist their phone is perfect. I'm not a fanboy and I'm not a hater either. I was tempted to return my phone and get the galaxy SII instead but ended up holding on for now.

That being said, it doesn't mean it is impossible for me to see room for improvement with this phone. I sincerely hope the call quality/signal can be addressed with a firmware update.

If you feel like posting a fanboy poll you can about what feature you love most -
1 makes me more confident
2 gives me an excuse to post negative things on iphone forums
3 works as an air freshner
4 brings world peace...

Last edited by boe; 07-31-2011 at 09:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

boe - I feel for you in your many posts about the issues you are facing as this is also my first Android phone which I think is the same situation for you.

The issue with phone quality MAY have to do with your location versus the actual hardware. Being most of us who would be on this forum likely have had at least one if not many different smartphones in the past to compare to call quality etc, it could be we don't have issues with the call quality.

Yes the speaker has issues but as others have stated I'm holding out to see if software can fix it (just like it has for many other phones).

Your fanboy comments are not meaningful to the conversation, be open to the fact maybe some just don't have or notice issues. If you need to find comfort if in fact you choose to replace your phone with an awesome Galaxy SII, then do it, it will likely be a great phone. But people will love and hate every phone.

I appreciate your posts in general but yes, this poll could be more meaningful if it included both sides to issues and an option for none of the above. Just like people judging speakers, some people don't have an ear for sound so they couldn't even tell the difference between something okay and something great. Happy Monday, my rant is over.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:47 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Red Rain - thanks for the response. I cannot add that as an option but if a moderator cares to that would be fine. While it is possible people have not experienced any of these issues, I find it pretty unlikely. I've travelled about 1000 miles so far to different cities since I've gotten this phone and experienced the choppy phone calls and lost signal in just about all of them in places my old HTC phone which was on Sprint hasn't.

I can live with most of the other issues but I do tend to use about 1-2 hours per day and so the phone quality is extremely important to me. I'm watching my phone at my desk today frequently lose connection to the airave which is about 4-5' from my phone. If it can't lock on there I doubt it will lock on to a tower that my be miles away.

The poll isn't meant to reflect people's happiness with the phone but what areas HTC needs to focus on in their next update. And hopefully areas they won't repeat in their next phone.

Unfortunately I was travelling at the time I could have returned this phone so I'll have to hope HTC is working on improving the issues with this phone. While I haven't experienced an issue with speaker volume, picture quality or some other things I don't go to peoples threads who say they have experienced them and tell them mine is fine - what would be the point?

Last edited by boe; 08-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D