PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
Wow that's ugly! There's a reason they invented micro SD cards! Granted I liked the way the older phones had the card reader accessible without removing the back and the battery, but still there is no way in Hell I'd ruin my phone like that!
You can modify it with the more expensive transflash instead of the sd. I wouldn't mind external transflash...
Old 08-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff
Re: Yes, I did it to the EVO 3D too....

You are the man, I have loved seeing you do this to all the different phones. If anything, just a smile to start the day.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks alot for the tutorial! is there a part name for that sd converter? mind posting link to where you got it? Only getting the standard sd size card adapters in a search.. not the one you have. Does it have a specific name of adapter?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510jungleboy View Post
HTC has always fear my hands when it comes to hacking and sawing...

All the way from HTC Touch, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2 , HTC EVO 4G, and now HTC EVO 3D.

I don't like removing my battery door and battery just to swap out the memory card. I thought I would pass this mod on to the new model of the HTC Family.

This mod only require you to cut the battery door only. So it's an easy mod.

What more can you ask for? Rooted EVO 3D, Removable External SD Card, More SD Cards, and HTC Dock + HDMI adaptor....

Here is a tutorial if anyone wants to do it. You will need a SD-MicroSD adaptor, a sharpie, and a cutting knife.

1) SD --> MicroSD

2) Plug the adaptor into the MicroSD slot and fold to an angle where you think it looks best for you. For me, I always fold the cable to where there is no stress or it won't get damaged. Then tape it in position

3) Tape the top of the adaptor so that it is covered up, then use a sharpie to outline the shape.

4) Next put tape in the inside of the battery door towards the bottom. Then put the battery door cover on top first, and towards the bottom, it won't close, thats where you pressed it against the adaptor to get an imprint of the adaptor to show on the tape that is on the batter door.

From here on, remove the tape off of the adaptor and throw it away, then you just cut out that imprint on the battery door, and take your time slowly to cut that shape out till it is finished and you can cnap the battery door in place without any stress.

Lastly, If you have a skin, which I would recommend to get, and put in on top of the batter door. If you are putting a skin on the battery door, tape up the skin from the inside where it exposed to the adaptor, so that way, the skin won't adhere to the adaptor and make it sticky.. Thats it...

Note: If you planning to put it on a dock, I recommend you try the adaptor in different angle so that it won't be in the way, and the phone won't sit snug..

What kind of protector skin do you have on your phone? Looks sweet.

Sent from my EVO 3D using PPCGEEKS Android App
Old 09-25-2011, 04:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2, Sensation, Evo3D, SGS2
Carrier: someone

flashmore is a n00b

Holy crap man thats deadly! Dont listen to feltchers bagging you out it looks great! Is that fibreglass of some fibre you used youself for strength or just a skin?
Regards
Flashmore
Old 09-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint, Boost

hacker13 is a n00b

Great job!! I don't know why anyone would knock your idea. It looks like the only thing you are altering is the battery cover. I folks want to return it to stock they should just buy a spare battery cover and mod the spare one. Again... great job!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Because what they don't realize is this mod only damages the battery door..not the actual phone..so a $10 battery cover isn't much of a big deal..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

interesting

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D