PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 01:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Tha Biz
Carrier: Sprint

Runnin_IT is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo 3D physical defect? (now with pics)

Ok, I don't have pics. Only camera I have is the Evo camera. I have two really tiny gaps on the front of my 3vo on the left side. They are between the screen and the side of the phone. You have to look really closely, and it's real easy to miss them. Does anyone else have this? I went to a corp. Sprint store, and they were visible on another 3vo.

Ok, I attached some pics...although not very good ones, lol! My wife has a crappy camera, so I used a pencil to point to the approximate areas I'm talking about...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG1969.jpg (359.9 KB, 229 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CIMG1970.jpg (317.7 KB, 230 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CIMG1971.jpg (356.7 KB, 211 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Runnin_IT; 07-22-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Attach pics
Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff
Re: Evo 3D physical defect?

Nope, not seeing anything on my phone... but I'm not sure what you're talking about. What part of the left side, you'll have to be more precise... otherwise, I'm going to think you're talking about the two small microphone holes at the top left and bottom left of the phone
Old 07-22-2011, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

telugite is just getting started
Re: Evo 3D physical defect? (now with pics)

check this thread. I had the same problem. I returned the phone for that reason.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-3d...nt-normal.html
Old 07-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I returned twice for this issue with same problem. It ate me alive with a spork so I just got a new OG Evo (wife confiscated mine when I upgraded). I still have another upgrade coming so I'll wait till revision 3 or 4 comes out before I take the plunge again. I'll tell ya though, HTC makes top notch hardware...kinda.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

I'm confused... is he even talking about the screen alignment issue? He said he has TWO tiny gaps on the left side of the device... Screen alignment problem is the whole side isn't it?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think your right Clipp. I don't think he has a screen issue...I studies them pics pretty dang hard...lol
Old 07-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 1 Evo LTE 1 Samsung GSIII & Toshiba Excite 10

meccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmeccadon123 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

holy WTH....i just noticed them...it appears they are intentional...no way in the world i ever see these 2 1 mm tiny small things...wait...OP, did you really drive to a store and look for these things? mind-blower...I bet you couldn't get a human hair in either gap if someone offered you $1000.00
Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Tha Biz
Threadstarter

Runnin_IT is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccadon123 View Post
holy WTH....i just noticed them...it appears they are intentional...no way in the world i ever see these 2 1 mm tiny small things...wait...OP, did you really drive to a store and look for these things? mind-blower...I bet you couldn't get a human hair in either gap if someone offered you $1000.00
Lol, that's just it though. As I said, the pics really suck...the top gap is easily noticeable; the bottom one is not. Yes, I went to the store to see if that was normal; the top gap can easily let in dust or condensation. I returned that phone this past Sunday, though...not because of the gaps, but because the phone constantly locked up. In fact, it was locked up when I took it into the store. As an aside, my new phone doesn't have noticeable gaps either...
Old 08-01-2011, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin_IT View Post
Ok, I don't have pics. Only camera I have is the Evo camera. I have two really tiny gaps on the front of my 3vo on the left side. They are between the screen and the side of the phone. You have to look really closely, and it's real easy to miss them. Does anyone else have this? I went to a corp. Sprint store, and they were visible on another 3vo.

Ok, I attached some pics...although not very good ones, lol! My wife has a crappy camera, so I used a pencil to point to the approximate areas I'm talking about...
haha, talk about pickin the flyshit out of the pepper lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D