PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you protecting your 3D?
Yes 60 74.07%
No 21 25.93%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: Are you protecting your 3D with case, protective screen, etc?

Thinkin about trying the Otterbox Defender about to go to Sprint in a few. but will probably only use it until the official HTC kick stand equipped one comes out. I really don't want a case at all... I made it nearly a year before I dropped my OG EVO cracked the screen and broke down and bought a case to preserve it for resale lol.

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-25-2011, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

mr_e is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

One more for the Otterbox Defender...I'd like to have the kick stand one myself, but will probably be too lazy to pull off this bestial Otterbox on a regular basis. -e.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

NascarKid is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to NascarKid

Otterbox Defender
Old 06-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Not me... Im using mine bare ass naked!

I think skins and screen protectors detract too mcuh from the look and form factor of the device.
I totally agreee with you here.

But I just have one small problem. I am just afraid of back camera lens cause its really flush.

I guess I will laid (really?) it on on the cloth pouch.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I wasn't planning on getting anything but a pouch but I feel I'd be scratching the camera lens when I set it down. Shopped around and opted for the Otterbox Defender as well. I felt at first it might be to bulky and wouldn't fit in my pocket well if I chose not to use the clip but so far its hasn't.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I totally agreee with you here.

But I just have one small problem. I am just afraid of back camera lens cause its really flush.

I guess I will laid (really?) it on on the cloth pouch.
No, HTC took the design of this phone seriously. He is a post from Androidcentral that address this exact concern:
Camera lens cover - Official HTC response! - Android Forums

HTC, in response to a customer, tried to abuse the camera lense. They posted the results.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:01 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Thinkin about trying the Otterbox Defender about to go to Sprint in a few. but will probably only use it until the official HTC kick stand equipped one comes out. I really don't want a case at all... I made it nearly a year before I dropped my OG EVO cracked the screen and broke down and bought a case to preserve it for resale lol.
The defender works as a kickstand when in the clip.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Dr. Evo is keeping up the good workDr. Evo is keeping up the good work

I am def protecting my Evo 3D! I originally bought the ridiculously expensive Otterbox Defender Case from BB. Big mistake! I got home and installed that hideous POS and it basically turned my phone from a sleek, thin smartphone to a big, bulky, clunky, misshapen, ugly contraption that can make calls. BB mobile reps are idiots because they sold me a nice Zagg anti-glare screen protector and the Otterbox comes with a built-in screen protector. I love Zagg and have use and self-installed four of them since I had my original Evo 4G.

The Otterbox wasn't something I could live with. I wanted the Pt Platium series case + holster that was originally being sold with the Evo 4G at launch day, but none were to be found. All BB had was endless Otterbox variants. I took my Otterbox Defender case back to BB, today, and low and behold they had a stock of Pt Platinum cases! The Platinum cases are extremely thin, yet, functional. I used nothing but that on my Evo 4G. Dropped my Evo on concrete and stairs and on marble floors and not a single scratch, using the Platinum case. Plus, it's so sleek and thin and doesn't deform the phone or make it look ugly. So, I promptly returned my Otterbox and my beautiful Platinum case is installed. I am happy.

Last edited by Dr. Evo; 06-25-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey

Pt Platium series case + kickstand FTW!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:35 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I've been using the OG EVO HTC leather case...I went to a sprint store today to try the HTC leather case for the 3d, I actually prefer the OC EVO case. I bought the screen protectors, but not sure I'm gonna use one.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D