PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Re: EVO 3D preorder for Sero-P customer..Options??

I found this link (McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » Finally - A Solution) for those who had SERO and had it mysteriously switched to a non-Sero account which I found out happened to me when they forced me to switch to EPRP to get the Hero. I had some trouble initially because they said for some reason I didn't have Sero just a comparably priced and featured plan. I am going to wait until after I get the E3D tho, because it says you have to upgrade through Sprint and I wan to stick with my Best Buy reservation.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help. I'll be sure to share my results.

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2011, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tygger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I wonder if you should get your account straighten out with Sprint prior to purchasing at Bestbuy. Sprint might be less likely to fix your account after a recent change/2yr commitment.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygger View Post
I wonder if you should get your account straighten out with Sprint prior to purchasing at Bestbuy. Sprint might be less likely to fix your account after a recent change/2yr commitment.
Very valid point
Old 06-15-2011, 12:20 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygger View Post
I recommend this also. I t.o.l.'d into a sero plan in november, not sure if they allow this any more. But I'd definetly try to get them to let you back on youre old sero plan first.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:22 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started

You cannot 'clone' a Sero, or a Sero Premium account anymore.
You cannot start one from scratch. Sprint would love to get rid of all of them, but they know they are guarded by their owners. They offered the Premium upgrade to get more money to compensate for the use of bandwidth.
Your best bet is to find someone selling a plan, and go from there.
'Sprint Employee Care' (who handle these accounts) can add, or remove, the 4G option at anytime from the Premium plan.
I have two Sero Premium plans on my account, and I love them. Can't wait for the Evo 3D!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bobdylan21221 is a n00b

yea i have mine preordered too at bestbuy...

by any chance, anyone selling a sero-p account :P
just thought i'd ask
Old 06-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint SERO-P

draghn is keeping up the good workdraghn is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdylan21221 View Post
yea i have mine preordered too at bestbuy...

by any chance, anyone selling a sero-p account :P
just thought i'd ask
Well, I know, back in September of 2009, that TnA-2xXtReM had some $30 plans available for sale... transferring the ToL into your name and taking over the plan for a one-time fee.

If you get that, then after it's all set up, it shouldn't be a big deal calling them and asking them to up the plan to a SERO Premium.

Hopefully TnA-2xXtReM still has them available/is still active here.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Pitchblack98 is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Pitchblack98 Send a message via AIM to Pitchblack98 Send a message via Yahoo to Pitchblack98

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
I found this link (McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » Finally - A Solution) for those who had SERO and had it mysteriously switched to a non-Sero account which I found out happened to me when they forced me to switch to EPRP to get the Hero. I had some trouble initially because they said for some reason I didn't have Sero just a comparably priced and featured plan. I am going to wait until after I get the E3D tho, because it says you have to upgrade through Sprint and I wan to stick with my Best Buy reservation.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help. I'll be sure to share my results.
I sent an email to them on Tuesday about migrating to SERO-P since Sprint made me change from my SERO plans in order to upgrade to the EVO. No luck so far. Haven't heard anything back from them yet and my account hasn't been changed.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by oZo View Post
You cannot 'clone' a Sero, or a Sero Premium account anymore.
You cannot start one from scratch. Sprint would love to get rid of all of them, but they know they are guarded by their owners. They offered the Premium upgrade to get more money to compensate for the use of bandwidth.
Your best bet is to find someone selling a plan, and go from there.
'Sprint Employee Care' (who handle these accounts) can add, or remove, the 4G option at anytime from the Premium plan.
I have two Sero Premium plans on my account, and I love them. Can't wait for the Evo 3D!
It seems like you are correct. The more I read the more I am beginning to believe that the SERO-P plan does not exist anymore.

It seems like there was a brief window in time (after I left Sero in 2009 for the Hero) aprox. 2010ish where they made a Sero-P option; but recently that has been nixed except, obviously for those already on it. The discounted Everything plan I have seems to be the only option that still remains.

This is basically what the Sprint reps are saying but they aren't even confirming that there ever WAS a Sero-P plan. All info I have found on Sero-P is old, nothing newer than 2010. Is it possible this is the case? Does anyone know of someone getting into Sero-P recently? It's sounding like regardless of my situation and or past Sero affiliation they are refusing to let anyone into Sero-P anymore! As you stated they would love to get rid of ALL Sero/Sero-P customers if they could. If this is the case I fear I am fighting a pointless battle
Old 06-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
It seems like you are correct. The more I read the more I am beginning to believe that the SERO-P plan does not exist anymore.

It seems like there was a brief window in time (after I left Sero in 2009 for the Hero) aprox. 2010ish where they made a Sero-P option; but recently that has been nixed except, obviously for those already on it. The discounted Everything plan I have seems to be the only option that still remains.

This is basically what the Sprint reps are saying but they aren't even confirming that there ever WAS a Sero-P plan. All info I have found on Sero-P is old, nothing newer than 2010. Is it possible this is the case? Does anyone know of someone getting into Sero-P recently? It's sounding like regardless of my situation and or past Sero affiliation they are refusing to let anyone into Sero-P anymore! As you stated they would love to get rid of ALL Sero/Sero-P customers if they could. If this is the case I fear I am fighting a pointless battle
My understanding is SERO-P still exists but it is only for people moving from the old SERO. If you are not currently on an old SERO account they they probably won't put you on SERO-P account.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D